Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
JFlory's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Aug 11, 2022 1:38 PM

ATT subcontractor broke into my gated back yard and trashed my yard and terrorized my dogs

Who can I speak to that understands my issues and will handle my situation? I have spoken with no less than 4 people from ATT and no one has a clue.  I have tree trimmers climb over my 6 ft privacy fence and unlock a gate that there is no access to from the outside. They terrorized my dogs (who have a doggie dog in my backyard). I saw them on my cameras and left work to find out who was in my yard!! They proceeded to scream and yell and curse at me, saying that they can access my yard any way they want to because they are trimming limbs for ATT.  The "kid" that was apparently in charge on property screamed at me that the gate was open, then said it was unlatched, and then said that the lock was on it but not locked (which it was dummy locked), but he told several different lies and cursed me out.  His "boss" on the phone proceeded to tell me to go F-myself.  Mind you, the pole is NOT on my property and they had no right to go over my fence.  They trashed my yard, just threw stuff out of their way, and one of them even left their nasty shirt behind.  I checked my ring camera that night (which I have saved the videos), showing that one of the guys went to that back gate and even told the "supervisor" that there was a dog in the backyard and a locked gate.  15 mins later, two guys are walking back from my neighbor's yard along my front fence line with a ladder, and then all of a sudden they all proceed to my back gate.  Now you tell me??? If my gate was open the first time, the guy would not have said a locked gate, and my dog would have followed him out the gate...this did not happen.  Oh, one of the guys did come to my front door and stated "we need to ask for permission to go in the backyard, and another answered "well, no one is home", so off they went into my back yard. This company had no markings on their trucks, they use old Asplundh trucks (that still show that name) and when I researched them they work out of a residence and I found out from other friends that they have done this before and even denied it when there was video proof.  I can't believe that ATT would contract with such a company and I just want to speak with the local ATT supervisor that deals with this company: Complete Tree Service  1231 Kilgore Ave Daytona Beach Fl 32117 386-252-0560

And before anyone asks, I spoke with the police and seeing I do not have direct video footage of them going over my fence, only video from my ring camera "speculating" that is what happened, its a civil matter.  I just want ATT to know what kind of backyard, shady companies they are contracting with!

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.5K Messages

2分前

As far as the work goes, if you blocked access to an easement, they have every right to access the easement. Easement size and placement are controlled by your local governing authority, not the utility. As far as the language and attitude as you stated they are contractors not AT&T employees so you've done what you can do by talking to their supervisor. In my opinion your only option is to complaint to your local authority that governs easements, they may have some other options. If you want you can file an executive complaint by writing the office of the president, address can be found online. 

• 

2 Messages

2分前

I have spoken to the authorities and also I do understand the right to access, the pole is not on my property at all and is on my neighbor's side of the line. As far as access, they are not allowed to go over a 6 ft privacy fence and unlock a gate from the inside, just to cut a few limbs that are not on my property, as per my governing authority (unless it is an emergency situation).  This was for ATT to nail an eye hook up on a pole, and for that, no trees needed to be cut.  And it is funny how ATT somehow got up that pole without access to my yard.  As far as talking to who I thought was the supervisor, ended up being the owner of the backyard shady company who told me to F-off and pound sand, so that went nowhere. Its funny how Florida Power and Light and also Asplundh have no issue getting to that pole without breaking into my yard. I understand they are contractors and not ATT employees, hence the reason why I want to speak with an ATT representative for this area to advise them of what type of company they are contracting to do work for them.  And thank you for the suggestion about writing to the office of the president, I haven't found that info on this website, but will look, thank you.

(edited)

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

16.5K Messages

2分前

From google. Also, just because the pole is not on your property doesn't mean part of the easement isn't. According to your statement they weren't trying to access the pole but were there to trim trees, which I assume the branches they were trimming weren't accessible to the other side. That's just a guess of course. 

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.