Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
L

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Dec 22, 2021 1:46 PM

AT&T SubContractor and Fiber Installation

Currently, in my neighborhood, there is a subcontractor (I do not know the name) that is installing fiber on behalf of AT&T.  I have no issue with the need for the installation but I have an issue with the subcontractors being unsafe and potentially causing harm to my property and not fixing.  I do not want to be accountable for them coming on to my property without my permission and then having poor safety standards and work ethics and either hurting themselves or others.  I have photo evidence of one subcontractor climbing on wood and debris instead of a ladder and if he was to fall, who is responsible for his injury or the situation?  I have seen the other members of this crew and they all have an apparent lack of respect for other peoples' property as they trample just about everything in their way with no remorse.  Filing a complaint or concern with AT&T is proving difficult as the number I have tried is no longer in service and the chat option is automated and I have been unable to get a hold of a person to help direct this issue and it doesn't help that I don't have an account.  Any help would be welcome! 

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

189.7K Messages

5分前

Hey there law506 , we want to help. Let’s meet in a Direct Message to discuss the problem regarding your concern with fiber installation in your area. Please check your Direct Message Inbox (it’s the chat icon next to the bell icon in the upper right corner of the Forums)

• 

3 Messages

5分前

Update on this contractor.  The first day was the scouting employee came onto the property and performed an unsafe act by climbing a weak and dangerous wooden structure in my backyard to look over a fence.  He did not use a ladder or anything and risked not only breaking the item he was on but hurting himself.    The next day the rest of the crew showed up to perform the work.  I talked with the foreman and he assured me that his men would be safe.  Within a few minutes, another employee used material that was not a ladder to look over the fence for whatever reason and I took photos of it and informed the foreman again.  Later in the day, my neighbor called me to tell me that one of the subcontractors had parked their vehicle on my lawn.  The neighbor said that they had talked with this person and told them to please move off the grass (as this was a personal vehicle and not a company and it was not for any requirement of the job) and the person said that they had permission from me (the homeowner) to park there, which was a direct lie.  While I was on the phone, my neighbor went back to the person and told them to move again and that I was on the phone and the person became hostile and aggressive saying that the neighbor was interfering with a work job and then he insulted her with name-calling.  He moved shortly but then returned to my grass after she walked away.  I heard it all and contacted the foreman again and said that police intervention was the next step if not immediately resolved.  Pictures below show the timeline. It was and no further noted incidents were noted.  This shows me that ATT does not do any kind of due diligence to ensure third-party work is done properly and with competent or decent people.  The quality of their workers overall may have been great but the poor safety practices and poor attitude of a few workers have defined their group/agency.

Jeffster

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

5分前

Google "utility easement" it help you in the future.

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

5分前

@law506 

I do not want to be accountable for them coming on to my property without my permission and then having poor safety standards and work ethics and either hurting themselves or others. 

You don't have to worry as they would be trespassing on your property and the contractor's insurance would be responsible for all issues.

Just take a step back and let them finish the required work to get the Fiber service installed and than any outstanding issues can be resolved directly with AT&T.

The longer you hamper their work environment the more likely you are to be the one charged with being a public nuisance and impeding the Contractor's work and increasing their costs that they can recover from you.

Dave

• 

3 Messages

5分前

Great advise if that is what occurred. I wasn’t even home and no work was inhibited.  Point was that I don’t want to be responsible for stupid people. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

27.4K Messages

5分前

Good lord. 🤦‍♂️

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

5分前

@law506 

Great advise if that is what occurred. I wasn’t even home and no work was inhibited.  Point was that I don’t want to be responsible for stupid people. 

Why would you be responsible for stupid people that trespass on your property?

You have no liability unless you invite them onto your property to work for you and you don't provide a safe work environment as they execute the work you requested.

Dave

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.