Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
B

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 17th, 2021 8:03 PM

AT&T installed fiber internet, all devices work.... except Epson workforce 645 printer

As stated above, this week AT&T installed fiber internet, and we have a new network address and password, and all devices (phones, tablets, computer) are working fine, but my printer won't print wirelessly anymore.  I tried unplugging it.  The printer sees the new network address but when I put in the new password and go through Setup Wizard it says setup failed.  I tried 3 times to be sure I hadn't typed the password incorrectly, but that doesn't seem to be the issue.  I print the report and it seems to say it passed.  Is it possible that since the printer is 10 years old or so that it can't work with fiber?   Is there some other change I need to have to do when reseting the computer?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

3 years ago

If you have fiber, you have a dual band gateway that supports both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wireless bands... your printer is only 2.4Ghz and is likely having issues connecting to dual band...

You can separate the networks by choosing a different name and password for one network...

This means your dual band devices will need to be programmed for both network names/passwords.

When you desire to print wirelessly you will need to change the network on the device to connect to the network assigned to the printer.

Or consider purchasing a new printer that supports dual band wifi.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

3 years ago

Is your new Gateway a BGW 320?  They seem to have issues with older wireless clients.  Wired is one fix, or an access point or your own wireless gateway would be another.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for your prompt responses!  I decided to buy a new printer, and just got back from Best Buy where I bought a new one.  Very dissapointed that the installer from AT&T (who gave me his text number and told me to text him if I had any post-installation problems) did not mention any of these possible reasons for the problems, just said I needed to set up the printer, which I tried to do unsuccessfully.  

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

3 years ago

It could be the way the BGW 320 manages the two bands with the same SSID, but I personally know that I've seen more posts on the BGW 320 with this issue than with the BGW 210, 5268AC  or other predecessors (which also do band steering).

(edited)

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I just installed AT&T Fiber at my business and I have 2 newer (1-2 years old) laser (Edited per community guidelines) printers that won't print unless I unplug them and plug them back in and it will print once then won't print anymore. Both printer work fine at my home but I don't have AT&T at my home. I have connected both printers to the WiFi, restarted the WiFi, restarted my computers and restarted my printer. I don't know what to do. Is this maybe a setting in my AT&T internet settings? Help! 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

2 years ago

Sounds like your printers are probably going into a sleep mode and disconnecting from Wi-Fi.

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Jeffer- right! But when my printers are at my house and they are in sleep mode and I go to printer they kick right on. Thats what I am not understanding

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

2 years ago

Perhaps the DHCP lease time at your home is longer than that of the AT&T Gateway.  While in power save mode, I'm assuming it's not going to be renewing its DHCP-obtained address leases.  OTOH, if it's power save mode, I'm surprised it's listening for Wi-Fi traffic at all so that it can do WoL.  So I don't understand how it's working at home.  Unless it's connected via Ethernet cable at home and Wi-Fi at your office?

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

My home printers are wireless too but I finally figured it out! I sat on the phone with at&t for almost 2 hours and they were no help. Called (Edited per community guidelines). No help. So I pulled a diagnostics test on my Mac through the internet and the at&t home page. I put in my device ID number that is on my router and found a tab that said Mac filtering and it had a drop down box and I found the (Edited per community guidelines) printer IP address and added it to always allow it and it got it working! I reset the printer on all my Mac and it works perfect. Even when the printer is in sleep mode. I am just surprised that at&t IT team couldn’t help me and I figured it out myself. I’m just glad it’s working! 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

2 years ago

Let me get this straight...  What you did to fix your issue was to go into MAC filtering on the BGW 320 and whitelist the IP of the printer?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.