Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
paintball7422's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Nov 25, 2016 3:17 AM

ATT Fiber

We have recently had contractors running new ATT Fiber lines in our area. Our area has been capped for years due to max capacity and DSL is being updated to UVerse I believe. I myself have no internet but work off of neighbors and it's only about 2 Mbps. My questions is our current box that I know of is about a mile up the road in which covers about 8 miles of our area. From what I hear is they will be running the Fiber to this box and we should be able to get more people with internet services. They have not ran any lines near my home but it seems they will be running to the box I believe we all run off of and miles up the road. Does the Fiber replace the current lines if so will they have to run lines around my home or will the lines stay as is and work from the box without having to run to our homes. Any help would be appreciated seeing this is the first time in years ATT has worked in our area to expand services.
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

176.5K Messages

5 y ago

Hi @paintball7422,

It depends on the type of equipment being used. We have services where fiber is ran directly to the house and another where it is ran to a junction point and then the existing wiring connects to a junction point. For most new installs, it is usually fiber to the house, so it will probably be a new wire run.

-ATTU-verseCare

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.