Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
moryasena's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 1st, 2022 7:20 AM

ATT Fiber Self Installation HELP

Hi all! I recently moved into an apartment complex and am trying to set up AT&T fiber internet. I received a self install kit as fiber has previously been installed here. I found the ONT service box in the master bedroom closet, inside a panel. I have been trying for days to set up the gateway but to no avail. I originally wanted to set up the gateway in the living room and attempted to connect it to the wall jacks but every time I tried, the broadband light would show up red. Additionally I tried plugging the gateway directly into the ONT box but this did not work either. The broadband light on the gateway was red and the data light on the ONT did not turn on at all. Yes, I have tried rebooting both the ONT and the gateway. I have class tomorrow and would really like to have this set up by then, so I would prefer to not have to have someone come out to do the install (also I’m a broke college student who really doesn’t have $99 laying around). I’m not even sure if this is the right place to post this but I desperately need help.

Prometeu

• 

25 Messages

3 months ago

Hi, the data should turn orange if you have fiber, make sure the PON light is solid green, if Alarm light is red, you gonna need to make tech appointment at 800-288-2020 because is something wrong with the line. Very important, if you have no DATA light, make sure you plug the cable from ONT into the red port that says ONT into the gateway. After like 10 min the gateway should register and sync with the network, if not you still have to call the same phone number because something is not working right. Also if the broadband light goes solid green and your internet is not working, check your registration status at att.net/uverse .

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.