Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
E

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jan 27, 2021 3:08 PM

AT&T fiber optic cable

No problem with service but cable has not been buried as stated by servicemen. It’s been 6 days when can I expect someone to come out?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.5K Messages

9 m ago

Hey @erinconte it can't hurt to call the Buried Wire Center or email them about getting your fiber drop buried before it is damaged.

In most markets bury teams are contractors and they have been working with very limited crews during the pandemic.

Please note weather is a key driver in parts of the country during cold weather when the ground freezes.

AT&T Buried Wire Services ( Bury service / AT&T equipment needing attention ...  ) 1-800-924-9420 or bwire@att.com

Dave

Constructive

Employee

• 

23.8K Messages

9 m ago

could take months depending where your at

• 

2 Messages

9 m ago

Thank you! Emailed just now. 

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Trying to settle an argument. My 2016 new constructed house had our fiber optic internet cable before it was buried in only the thin glass flexible covering. I know that when it is connected to the box it is encased in black protective casing. However I know for 2 years it laid in our backyard and it was only the thin glass covering. Is it buried this way or is it encased in the protective black covering?

Constructive

Employee

• 

23.8K Messages

2 m ago

Fiber drops are direct buried. 

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

So buried as is, in the thin glass encasement?

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.