Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
xoubie's profile

• 

3 Messages

Friday, September 23rd, 2022 5:27 PM

Closed

ATT Fiber installation fee on first bill despite being told it would be waived.

So, I talked to both the account person who came to my house with the technician and also someone on the phone who both assured me the installation fee is waived with the installation of 1GBPS or higher fiber internet yet, lo and behold, it's staring me in the face when I look at my first bill on my account.

Is there a way to get this waived or credited towards my next bill?

Also, do they just randomly get your social security wrong? I tried changing my passcode and it says my zip code/last four of social are incorrect. This is going wonderful so far.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

5 months ago

I suppose there could be some sort of regional promo going on but the standard fiber install does have a $99 installation fee.   When you ordered, was it online, did you call in, order from a person in a big box store or what?

I'm going to bet it wasn't through the online process at att.com.  Once sales people get involved all bets are off because they'll say and do anything to get a sale and never seem to get in trouble for making crap up.

At this point I think your bigger concern is that your personal info is wrong on the account.  I suspect calling in is going to be nothing but a giant timesink waiting on hold and discovering that the "support" people there aren't helpful.

Hopefully ATTHelp will pop in here and maybe they can get to the bottom of that issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.