Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
U

• 

1 Message

Wed, Dec 22, 2021 1:54 PM

AT&T Fiber Expansion Within Neighborhood

I live in a neighborhood in Boca Raton, Florida. My residence/address does not have AT&T Fiber as an option, however the home two blocks over do have the option of AT&T Fiber. 

QUESTION

How/who can I contact to understand when Fiber may be available in our neighborhood or if there are no plans to expand beyond the current footprint and specifically to my street/home?  Thanks.

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.5K Messages

Il y a 5 m

AT&T does not release expansion plans. All you can do is wait and hope that fiber is installed on your street. 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.1K Messages

Il y a 5 m

ATT is continuing fiber expansion until end of 2025, completion of phase 2…. This will be another 12.5 million residential addresses within 90+ markets within 21 states.

The number includes all new construction, existing apartment / condo upgrades and single family homes. By 2026 50% of ATT hardwired addresses with be fiber.

There is no way to know if you will or will not have fiber by then. 
The first indication will be seeing fiber deployed on your street with fiber terminals being placed. Hopefully from start of work to order will be 9 months or less. 

Ask yourself these questions…

* does my address currently have ATT internet as an option

* if yes, what is the best speed available 

why? The majority of existing homes that will be upgraded are currently FTTN (fiber to the node) with speeds of 25, 50, 75 or 100. If best speed is 18 or less the chances of being upgraded are less.

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.8K Messages

Il y a 5 m

@@u171141 

What services do you qualify from AT&T. Please use this link to check:

https://www.att.com/availability

Fiber services areas are planned well in advance and have a fixed coverage area. They can't just extend fiber to another street. Streets are normally a boundary for services.

Do you have a HOA association that could help you get service expanded?

As @my thoughts posted above the current focus is on expanding areas that are already VDSL services areas with speeds of up to 50, 75, or 100 Mbps as those areas are easier to retrofit.

Dave

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.