Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Dragonat4's profile

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, July 16th, 2022 3:37 AM

AT&T Fiber Availability

I have checked on the FCC map and one neighborhood to the left , 1 to the right , and 2 south have AT&T Fiber internet. Everyone in a circle around my group of 3 neighborhoods have AT&T fiber. Why don't we? Wouldn't it make more sense for the service to go through our neighborhood and provide us with internet that wont lag and freeze when we watch a move while other people in the house play video games? It Doesn't make sense.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

Depends on the agreements that the builders had with AT&T, the other providers, and the FCC. 

Scholar

• 

3.7K Messages

2 years ago

Do you currently have any services from AT&T currently available at your address?

https://www.att.com/availability

If you have AT&T Internet service available of 50, 70 or 100 Mbps then your existing service is Fiber ready but has not been upgraded at this time.

Let us know what you have or what is available at your address?

Dave

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Hello Dave, Our address does have AT&T services currently but the only available plan is 50Mbps. It used to be 30Mbps not too long ago ( Couple Years ) does this mean fiber has been Laid out? I do not recall seeing any AT&T trucks on my road. And if this does mean fiber has been laid out why wouldn't it already be upgraded? 

Thanks For Any Help!

Scholar

• 

3.7K Messages

2 years ago

@Dragonat4 

Thanks for the update. Your service is provided by a mix of Fiber service to your neighborhood and then copper from there to your houses. What is often called last mile copper.

The question is when or if they have a plan to upgrade your specific neighborhood to Fiber in the current rollout.

By 2025 the AT&T plans called for reducing its copper services footprint by 50%. with about  75% of its network footprint to be served via fiber and 5G (Fixed Wireless).

AT&T has been working to upgrade your type of existing neighborhoods but they are going to fall short on their current plans for 2024 -2025 due to supply chain shortages with Fiber, infrastructure equipment, and even the AT&T Gateways for customers.

For your neighborhood that means that AT&T needs to install a new box (Primary Flexibility Point) in your neighborhood and possibly add additional Fiber from that box back to the AT&T Central Office.

At that point you should see construction crews running Fiber through you neighborhood. They won't be AT&T trucks but a Contractor and finally you may see AT&T trucks near the final stages.

Dave

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.