Cyber Week Deals: Buy an eligible iPhone & get a FREE AT&T Charger!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
S

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Sep 18, 2021 7:39 PM

AT&T dug in our lawn and broke sprinkler pipes, who to contact?

09/16/2021 AT&T crew dug along our front lawn at multiple spots, they broke our sprinkler lines in pieces and a few of sprinkler heads. There was no notification for the excavation before and after they were done.  The workers told me they are from At&t and tried to find the underground power line. I asked for a supervisor, the workers said he was not there. I asked them to tell him to give us a card for contact when he got there. But he never came in. Now two days later 9/18/21, there is still a big hole with the broken sprinkler pipes. When our scheduled watering is on, the water poured out from the broken pipes and filled the hole with water, several sprinkler heads didn't pop up. To avoid any future water leaking along our front lawn, we had to turn off the whole sprinkler system. We had no idea when these workers will come back to fix everything. We took pics, on their truck, it shows " SBS   Underground Inc   US DOT #2958737   TXDMV #00706011C" We need to know how to how AT&T will fix this problem! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

13.2K Messages

2 m ago

They're contractors and they are the ones responsible for any damage they cause.  You got the name call the company and report the damage. SBS underground inc

(edited)

Constructive

Employee

• 

24.4K Messages

2 m ago

👆👆👆👆👆👆this 

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.6K Messages

2 m ago

Just a note they don't work weekends. So maybe on Monday Sept. 20th they will return or call their company as you have the specific truck information.

That would be the quickest solution.

Dave

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

Good luck on getting anything resolved quickly.  I have some horror stories about the work ATT's contractors are doing here in North Carolina.  Hopefully your repair will be smooth.  Do call the contractors Monday and get started.  If possible, be there when they repair it and test it before they cover it up.    Some of these guys have the ability to disappear quickly.

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Thanks so much for everyone's suggestions. We did call and email SBS underground inc. They said they would come back to fix everything Tuesday morning. We are a commercial property and spend a lot on the maintenance of our property appearance. It's unbelievable they left our front looking like this. And we are still shocked how reckless their work was. They left broken pipes, broken heads and cut wiring of irrigation system. At most of the places, they used an equipment to shove the dirt and covered most of them without repairing. No one tried to level all dirt here and there. No one cared to notify us about everything. From what they have done, we don't trust they can do a good repair job. And we don't understand the irrigation system well enough to test everything. Especially, we are a business and really have no time to deal with this. We will hire a third party irrigation company to test for us and will bill them for that.  So far, the two gentlemen I spoke to over the phone, sounded reasonable this morning. I hope they will do the right thing. Maybe they can learn a lesson, so, in the future, SBS underground inc. can have the proper business protocols while working on any private properties and provide better training to their workers. 

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.