Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
SandySprings1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Nov 21, 2016 9:42 PM

AT&T Damaged My Water Line

Since early summer AT&T has been working on the panels at the my street corner in Sandy Springs, Georgia.  I believe this is associated with the project to lay plastic pipes that will run upgraded fiber optic cable, which had crews digging up yards in our neighborhood.  There were trucks parked at the corner on many days throughout the summer.  I am the Treasurer for our HOA.  The HOA owns some property around the AT&T panels that we landscape for the neighborhood.  This is where the AT&T crew damaged our HOAs water line.

In October, I realized that we received a disconnection notice from the water company for lack of payment.  Our account is set to auto-pay the water company.  Evidently the bills spiked above the auto-pay limit and the bank refused to pay the water company.  I immediately had the HOA cut a check to the water company to avoid disconnection.  I also instructed our landscape company to check for water leaks on their next scheduled visit on October 20.  On that day the crew found a damaged line in the ground next to the AT&T box.  They said it looked as if the AT&T crew had unsuccessfully attempted to repair it themselves.  The landscaping crew that works for us made the repair on the spot.  They noted that it looked as if whoever damaged the water line unsuccessfully attempted to repair it.

I am in posession of many water bills that show the usage spike in July.  Gallon usage jumped from about 11,000 gallons in October 2015 to almost 30,000 gallons in October 2016.  My best guess is we spent about $49.28 extra on the July 5 meter read bill, $98.56 extra in August, $135.52 in September, and $154 in October.  The November bill was back to more normal levels of usage.  That totals $437.36 in excess water bills.  We also have a $140 bill from the landscapers to repair the damaged water line.  The total comes to $577.36. 

I have communication with AT&T who referred me to their third-party claims administrator, Sedgwick.  The rep at Sedgwick stated that AT&T is not responsible for the damages because they hired a subcontractor, Ansco to do the work.  I believe AT&T should pay the claim then sort it out with their contractors.  I have tried to reach out to the contact provided at Ansco many times and even left a message for his superior at the office.  Ansco is nonresponsive to me.  I am at my wit's end on this and hate to hire a lawyer for something that should be simple to resolve.  Perhaps I should publicize this with the local Atlanta media.
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

175.7K Messages

5 y ago

Hi,

We apologize about the issues you are having with the water line. With the damage, it does appear it was done by Ansco, and they will be able to handle this issue. You can reach out to the claims representative once again to see if they have another contact number for Ansco.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

I am not sure if Ansco or AT&T did the damage.  I tried to reach out to Garrett [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] at Sedgwick, and he has offered no other solution.  Your response gets me no further to a resolution.  The next step is to put AT&T and Ansco on the six o'clock news in Atlanta.  I bet solving my problem will become a higher priority for both AT&T and Ansco onece the story runs.  Too bad it has to come to this.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.