Get the new iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro & iPhone 15 Pro Max from AT&T Now!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
B

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 8th, 2021 4:10 AM

Closed

AT&T Contractors damaged my Sewer Pipe.

Contractors boring for installing AT&T fiber in our neighborhood damaged my sewer pipe that runs from my home to the main sewer.

I called a plumber to because all my plumbing was backed up.  He scoped my sewer line and find and clear a blockage from my sewer and he found that my sewer pipe was speared and pushed into itself.  This caused toilet paper catch on the damaged pipe. We cant use toilet paper in the toilets until this is corrected.

I have already spent $479 dollars diagnosing this problem.

I need this corrected at your expense and for me to be reimbursed for the charges I have already accrued.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

26.1K Messages

3 years ago

Property damage claims are handled by Sedgwick.  More info HERE

Accepted Solution

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

We went and confronted the contractor the next morning and they fixed the pipe and are compensating me for my plumber expense.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I have a similar situation but discovered it well after the contractor left.  Can anyone provide any thoughts on how to resolve this. I do not think its fair that i should be out thousands of dollars for AT&T's mistake

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

I've just gotten the same issue - AT&T fiber infrastructure just installed and now my sewer line is blocked/backed up.  Contractors are already gone literally the day after this occurred.  Opened an AT&T repair case and they sent someone (rather quickly) to say, "we'll open a claim and they will contact you today". 

Well that was 3 days ago and no one has called or come by - logged into mySedgwick and left messages for the examiner for 3 days but no respond. Tried calling mySedgwick, but somehow got redirected 4 times back to initial AT&T support, who told me to contact them!
Can't believe it's this hard to get someone to come fix what they broke!!! 

Expert

• 

18.4K Messages

11 months ago

Two year old topic, closing to further posting. Once you've received a claim number it's out of AT&T's hands. If you haven't already done so check the link provided 3 post above yours. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?