jeff_p's profile

• 

1 Message

Tue, Feb 22, 2022 6:17 AM

Appointment confirmed! Expect your tech in 5426 days.

I had an appointment, made more than a month ago, for AT&T fiber internet installation at my condo scheduled for Saturday which AT&T canceled late on Friday.  The voicemail left said the appointment was canceled because the “technician ran into an outside facility issue on the AT&T side.”  No explanation of the nature of the issue nor an estimated resolution date were provided.

So today I signed into my account on the AT&T website to see if there was any useful information.

There wasn’t.  But the good news is that it says my appointment is confirmed and I should expect my tech in 5426 days.  It goes on to inform me that he or she should be there between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM on Wednesday, December 31, 2036.

Now for my question.  As someone who helps companies do digital business transformation for a living I am of the opinion that a company which sets up this system and the business process which produced this situation can’t *possibly* even be trying.  Does anyone want to try to change my mind?

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

4.9K Messages

4分前

I've seen that exact date for others who have had this cancelled appointment scenario.  That must be some binary string that translates into that date. 

Or isn't that around the time of some mythical end of the world scenario? 

Maybe that's what they're telling you, that it can't be any later than that date.  😂

But the reality is that when there's a "facility issue" they really don't know how long that will take because of a lot of unknowns these days.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.1K Messages

4分前

The date is a place holder till the facilities issue is resolved.

Once resolved the order will go to schedule for new date/time appointment. Depending on issue could be days, weeks, months.

In the meantime, if have other options may want to consider…

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.