Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
S

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 8:31 PM

Aerial Fiber

We are in Rural Morton IL and aerial fiber will be passing by our house soon.  Ameren power line is 13'10" from our driveway.  With AT&T fiber being added it will go below that point restricting acess for our RV and for Semi Trucks delivering materials.  How do I get in touch with the Project engineer to discuss solutions for this issue?  We along with our neighbors are also interested in service.  We currently have POTS system only on an antiquated GoDigital system.

Sneakycu2

my thoughts

Employee

• 

18.2K Messages

2 m ago

ATT Fiber should be at the same height as ATT copper phone lines....

Do you have issues with the copper lines being too low?

ATT Fiber for residential service will only be available if the planning includes providing the service. For aerial fiber means a fiber terminal would need to be placed.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

I can not find anyone to talk with to see if is a trunk or service line or both capable.  However they have several residential service boxes in front of houses that have the underground portion of the line set in place already.  The copper lines are 5 inches from hitting our rigs antennas and the semis that have pulled in and out miss it by maybe 6 inches.  So copper is fine but fiber will be lower.  We are at the low point of the dip in the hot wire.  A pole by our drive or going back under ground would work fine.

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

Also the phone lines are Frontier and buried.  They offer only POTS and they are out of copper to the GoDigital and to the house.  Old system and wires so many have gone bad.

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4K Messages

2 m ago

You need to contact your local codes/public utilities commission about the height of the cables. There are codes for how high the wires have to be. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.