Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
S

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jun 18, 2021 6:22 PM

3rd Party Billing??

I received a letter in the mail from Schifrin, Gagnon & Dickey saying that I owe AT&T for repairs to a cut internet line and I am supposed to give the money to Schifrin, Gagnon & Dickey. Is this a scam? I did have a cut line that needed to be repaired. Why would a 3rd party send me a bill instead of AT&T?

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.5K Messages

4 m ago

You need to call AT&T 1-800-288-2020 and say billing at the VRU prompt.

Was the line cut your fault and was the repair limited to your property?

This is customer to customer forum. AT&T Employees do stop by on their own time to share information and offer assistance.

Dave

ACE - Expert

• 

20.6K Messages

4 m ago

From LinkedIn

For over 35 years, Schifrin, Gagnon & Dickey (SGD, Inc.) has provided high quality claims investigation, adjustment and administration. Our staff of experienced and highly trained adjusters and investigators handles a wide variety of claims. We take care to provide attentive and detailed service. Our clients appreciate the extra level of service that we give each claim. We pride ourselves in the fact that many of our clients have been with us for over 20 years. We solicit our client’s needs and expectations and incorporate them into our service. This insures that our scope of work and charges are never a surprise. SGD provides complete claims services to insurers and self-insured’s. We investigate and adjust claims on a task or complete basis. We also act as Third-Party Administrators for domestic carriers, British Insurers and Lloyd’s Syndicates. We use state of the art hardware and software to investigate, report on and manage claims, produce loss runs and bordereau, and to provide analytical information for our clients. We employ several adjusters and investigators that work from their home. This allows us to use our own employees to handle each and every claim within the state of California. We have a time tested network of adjusters and investigators that allows us to be confident in our administration of claims throughout the United States. California Department of Insurance License # 2607896 | California Investigators License # PI 9013

• 

2 Messages

4 m ago

The line was cut by a contractor. The repair was just installing a new new line, all on my property. 

dave006

Scholar

• 

2.5K Messages

4 m ago

Technically the contractor would be responsible for the payment for damage repair / replacement charges. Did you provide AT&T with the Contractor's contact information?

It would appear the answer is no. How long ago was this incident?

Dave

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I received a similar letter. The best part is that I called AT&T directly and they told me they don't charge customers for this type of damage, that it tends to be the other way around. My letter looks odd (incorrect zip code, address is half lower case and half capital letters; it seems like a lot of copy paste, number provided doesn't appear to be at&t's, and the name provided from SGD (3rd party company) doesn't appear on the company's website). I am calling again to at&t today to confirm the authenticity of the letter. At&t went three times to my home to do hand holes, each time they cut someone else's conduits, and when they fixed my neighbors they damage mine (this was caught by my ring doorbell and shown tot hem when they went to fix the fiber). 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.