We Still Have Great Cyber Week Deals: Check out our $5 and under smartphone deals!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Mark1998's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jun 28, 2022 4:29 PM

3 weeks without buried wire contractor

I have been waiting for over three weeks now for my home internet to be installed. The tech who first came out told me he would set up a buried wire contractor appointment and that a tech would come out when they were done. The AT&T website continually shows that my appointment is on hold, and I have called maybe four times to inquire about getting this job done. Each time I am told AT&T will contact me and complete the job, and I have even scheduled several appointments only to have nobody come out and no communication from AT&T. On a few occasions I have been called by AT&T or contractors only to have them not show up and then ghost me. If they were not the only company with fiber in the area I would have gone with somebody else long ago, but I am really losing patience and if this is not fixed soon I will have to get my internet from somewhere else and just deal with it. No fiber is better than no internet. This has just been an awful experience.

I work from home, commuting to my nearest office for the past three weeks has cost me hundreds in gas unnecessarily. How can I get this fixed quickly? 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.7K Messages

5 months ago

The tech created a Bury Wire Request, the order is sent to the ATzt Buried Wire Center…

• Check an issue already reported

Call our Buried Wire Center at 800.924.9420 Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET. Remember: This number is just for unburied ground cables.

Some utility companies mark or paint their lines. If you see a marked line with an exposed cable or wire, and it doesn’t say AT&T, be sure to report it directly to that company.

The center works with local work group (contractors in most markets). Once a date is established you are to be contacted. 
The local line locator service (811) should arrive first to mark existing underground services. After paint and/or flags placed the burial crew should be out within 5 days.

In our Wisconsin market current time frame is about 4 weeks after request has been placed. Cannot comment on the 90+ markets within 21 states as to their wait times. However with ongoing shortage of workers I expect all industries are running behind meeting customer demands from autos to transportation trying to find workers willing to do blue collar jobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebn9KSTi_yU&t=13s

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

I appreciate your response.

While I understand that the local contractors are short staffed and it may take time to get the job completed I don't understand why AT&T has not yet contacted me at all after almost four weeks. Every interaction I have had with the company was because I called the customer service line, and I have not received an follow-up calls regarding scheduling or timing that have actually led to anything. A neighbor who moved in after me just got a Comcast wire buried, so I am not sure what is going on with AT&T, but they won't even contact me. How can I get past the fruitless calls with the customer service lines and actually get some answers?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.7K Messages

5 months ago

The Buried Wire Center number listed above...

Until a contractor is scheduled no tech would be dispatched, therefore calling 800-288-2020 would not yield any information. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.