Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
B

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, January 6th, 2021 5:59 PM

3 weeks and no ETA for installation

Trying to get an installation done in 3810 Brushy Creek Rd, Cedar Park TX but it's been "delayed" three times already due to "outside engineering issues". How long can it take to run some fiber patches? I talked to the crew that was setting up and they were done 12/24... I was scheduled for 1/7 and got a call from a robot lady apologizing for the delay and with NO ETA on resolution. Is this something usual for AT&T? Will I be waiting 3 more weeks? I took a chance moving from my previous provider, but I'm regretting it every single day.

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

3 years ago

You should not cancel your existing service until after the new service is installed and working.

Additional over the past 12 months, since COVID have seen more accounts having (2) ISP provider of cable and telco... with virtual learning and parent(s) working for home, many cannot afford a 3 to5 day down time for repair to be scheduled and work completed.

Is you area just going live with new FIBER service (PFP), if issue with light to the PFP could be a month or more, addresses turned green for ordering before all testing was completed.  If the fiber service has been available for several months with neighbors already having service installed the issue would be just to your fiber terminal, would not expect a long delay unless digging is required to repair or replace fiber line(s).

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

This is a new installation for a new home, so please spare me the COVID/concern for customer spin, as it is not the issue at hand. 

The issue is for a company to be irresponsible enough to commit to “no ETA” for a technical issue. I work in IT/Services and any task/project with no ETA is unacceptable for both management and the end customer. If there are tasks needed to be performed, you should know beforehand how long they will take, and provide an Estimate for completion. Not being able to produce such a simple datapoint is what speaks volumes about the lack of professionalism, and not caring for the customer at all from AT&T. 

Does anybody really know about what goes on to light up a single fiber in a neighborhood that’s been lit for months, with customers already accessing, all conduits ready? It’s not rocket science, but just lack of care. 

Please tell me if there’s something I’m missing. 

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

3 years ago

You might want to reorder your previous service to be reinstalled until this issue is resolved.

How long can it take to run some fiber patches? I talked to the crew that was setting up and they were done 12/24... 

Outside facilities work does not involve running some fiber patches. It would be a little more substantial. Where was the crew working on 12/24 at the PFP or a fiber terminal? If service as been turned on for months what was the crew doing then on 12/24?

It might be a light level issue at your splitter, a crushed conduit or even a missing fiber terminal that would serve your address. Do you have aerial or underground utilities?

Do you neighbors on either side of your address have service or qualify for service today?

Dave

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

The comment from the tech was that they had run out of patches/connections for the neighborhood, and needed to augment the amount of fiber patches from the main into the place. 

This is a relatively new development, and everything is underground. All current AT&T customers that live here currently have service, and the units around my house all qualify for service.

Again, what gets me the most is the lack of ETA. It's not complicated to (Edited per community guidelines) the amount of work that needs to be done, put it on a Gantt chart or timetable and estimate a completion time. The "it's not ready and we don't know/care when it will be" attitude is what demonstrates the lack of care for end customers.

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Unfortunate also that admins care more to edit posts than to provide answers to customers. 

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Just called and cancelled both TV and Internet. Can't be waiting forever for a company that can't handle a task as simple as maintaining a timetable. Good riddance. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.