Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Z

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, December 8th, 2021 8:16 PM

Youtube throttled?

For over a week now live streams on Youtube are being throttled as the video is very poor. Why is this going on? Is this happening to everyone? When I run a speedtest using several different sources I get about 200mbs yet Youtube looks terrible so that must mean that ATT is slowing down Youtube for some unknown reason.

BTW this is when viewing Youtube directly on my TV. It is hardwired to my router. I rebooted my modem and router and this made no difference.

Since I am paying for this but not getting the performance should I move to Xfinity?

Thoughts?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

1 year ago

Check on computer and see if it experiences the same. I would also check the resolution settings, even if it is set to auto as might have defaulted to one that is too low.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62K Messages

1 year ago

so that must mean that ATT is slowing down Youtube for some unknown reason

That is not a logical conclusion. The network path to the streaming server could be and likely does traverse multiple networks, any of them could be the reason for the slowdown.

dave006

Scholar

• 

3.6K Messages

1 year ago

Almost all Smart TVs only have a 100 Mbps Ethernet port and Wi-FI varies.

What speed tier do you have, 300, 500, 1000 Mbps?

What device are you using for your speed tests and is it Ethernet connected to your "router" and is this router in addition to the AT&T Gateway (router, switch, and Wi-Fi) combination unit?

We need a few more details to assist but if you want to try Xfinity that's your choice as a customer.

Dave

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Apparently it is the TV as when I cast to the TV from my PC it looks OK. Sadly there are no resolution setting in the TV menu. 

OTA TV looks fine BTW. I made this change but it made no difference; Display area - Full pixel

It is a Sony KDL-55W802A. The manual is here; https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/product/kdl-55w802a/manuals

morph27

• 

322 Messages

1 year ago

Apparently it is the TV as when I cast to the TV from my PC it looks OK. Sadly there are no resolution setting in the TV menu. 

Post it on Sony forum and threaten them with this:

Should I buy a Samsung smart TV?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.