Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Employee

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Apr 20, 2016 6:28 PM

Xbox one horrible upload speed on gigapower

Is their anyone here that has an Xbox one and gigapower? If so what are your up and down speeds if your up is high what settings are you using? When I do a speed test these are my results 635/28 and 56 latency. Any help is greatly appreciated.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Responses

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

4 years ago

Okay, I am getting tottaly confused here.. and keep in mind, i have dsl, so i can only go by what others with the service say...

Are gigapower internet connections bi-syncronous, or not?

(the upload speed is the same as the download speed.)

I have heard it said both ways, and now, i am curious which is which!

Thanks for the feedback.

(AND, it will also incidentally answer the origional posters questions as well.)

Employee

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Yes the speed is supposed to be symmetrical or at least close on my laptop I get 926/738 latency 2
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

My Xbox refuses to stay connected on Gigapower. It will disconnect and reconnect randomly. I still have my previous provider (Charter) and have had ZERO issues. So now my XBox One is connected to my cable internet while the other components are on ATT.

In fact if it werent for the DIRECTV combo, I wouldnt have switched. I'm glad to see ATT has fixed the problems from years ago. /s

krusebear

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

I wouldn't even recommend AT&T. If I were you as soon as that contract is up switch back to your old provider. AT&T doesn't give a {edited for word filter evasion} about its customers...

ATTDSLCare

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @Bowlofcheerios

While I am only a DSL tech and have no experience with gigapower, so take my advice lightly. Maybe give it a try and if it doesnt work then change it back... 

Ok, with that disclaimer out of the way. I have seen people on regular Uverse have an issue with something similar, and they have to get in the modem and disable IPv6. It's an issue with one of the forced IPv6 DNS servers.

My second suggestion is that some modems have a packet flood protection enabled, the location of the setting varies depending on modem. But flood protection will bounce a connection during gaming, etc.. 

But thats about all of the suggestions I have. Again, I don't know if those will apply to gigapower, but it does work for our other services.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a question" button. Have email issues? Contact the Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988 and you can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I just got at&t gigapower on Febuary 2nd and my upload speeds are faster than my download speeds always but even over a wired connection on my computer, my speed is all over the place. I have never been near the 1000Mbps that I should be getting. Wired my up is in the 400 - 700Mbps range and my down is in the 700 - 800Mbps range. I'm still in my 30 day trial period so as much as I hate comcast I'm gonna go back if this isn't fixed. I refuse to pay $30 more a month for internet speeds that I'm not getting. My xbox one s has never been above the 650Mbps range on a wired connection for my upload or download speed. NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL WITH AT&T GIGAPOWER!!!

Employee

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I work for att you may need to have you account reprovisioned for attfiber. Not sure how old your is is on your CPU but if you look on YouTube there is a vid that walks you through how to make a change to a setting that allows your computer to see all the bandwidth that is hitting the rg.