Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jan 19, 2020 6:06 PM

WTH??

Well thanks a lot ATT...my fiber internet went out three days ago. They claimed it was the gateway modem so they sent me another one. Guess what? It still doesn't work! So I call support they put me on hold for 10 minutes and then hang up. I'm seriously thinking about going over toCox Cable now... Yes ATT "We don't know what we're doing"

Responses

tonydi

Guru

• 

532 Messages

4 weeks ago

Can you describe the lights on the ONT box, what color, solid, blinking?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

14K Messages

4 weeks ago

ONT, normal lights status

POWER... SOLID ON

PON... SOLID ON

ALARM... OFF (black)

DATA... flashing amber or green depending on speed

IF first three are normal status with NO DATA light the issue is either the ethernet cable between ONT and gateway or the gateway itself.

IF ALARM is RED, issue is no light or low light level detected, not a gateway issue, need a service appointment. Note when ALARM is RED the PON light will be OFF with no light detected.

IF POWER is off, issue could be ac power (circuit breaker) or power supply.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

ALL lights are on and green EXCEPT Service...it flashes green on bootup...then goes dark....Broadband and all others are ok...

All cabling is correct....the original gateway was working then lost internet (Wifi, etc was still up)...ATT sent me a replacement unit...no change.....Fiber terminal on wall shows correct lights....I am getting tired of the run around from ATT.....Im not paying for internet I am NOT using....time to switch to COX Cable I guess...thought fiber would be more reliable (especially since Ive installed and turned up 48 strand OC48 OPGW fiber for a major utility 20 years ago and we beat ATT network specs on the over 120 miles )

tonydi

Guru

• 

532 Messages

Well, both of us asked you about the lights on the ONT, not the gateway (you didn't provide the model number of but I presume that it's the Pace 5268ac). If the lights on the ONT (or "fiber terminal" in your words) are what @my thoughts described as normal, then you need to call AT&T Support at 800-288-2020 because the problem is at AT&T's end.

my thoughts

Employee

• 

14K Messages

3 weeks ago

ONT lights correct... no service light on gateway.....

Issue is with either the gateway or your account

As gateway has already been replaced suggests your account.

A tech dispatch will likely result in the tech chatting to tier 2 to resolve.

Either the ONT has issue assigned to your account or the gateway is not registered to your account, known as sync no service.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.