Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
A

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 11th, 2021 2:53 PM

Will this be any harm?

Today an at&t fiber box was installed in our backyard with no consent from the homeowner. The hole was dug in our backyard with no permission to go back there.

My major concern is that it was placed a foot away from my small childs sandbox. Not being an expert at this, I would like to know if it's still safe for my child to play here? Can my kid play there with no health hazards? Idk if the sand absorbs anything or it being that close is dangerous? I'm new to this. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

They don't have to get consent to place needed equipment within a utility easement.  Your local government controls the location and size of easements and it's the homeowner's responsibility to know where they are.  If you place something within an easement that's a risk you take.  As far as safety goes, there's nothing radiated through fiber, if you're worried google the dangers of fiber and see what you get.  

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

@spoom2   Ehhh, if there's anything we've learned in the last 20 months, it's that there's a lot of junk "science" out on the interwebs so I don't think a Google search is always going to back up your (correct) assessment about the dangers of fiber. 😁

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

True, the Internet isn't all truth, but with a bit of checking you can decipher fact from fiction.  

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

🤣 🤣  That's funny!  Sooooo many people seem to be incapable of that.

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

Stupidity the number one cause of injury and death.   

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.