Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
S

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 21st, 2020 1:16 AM

Will MoCA work with AT&T Fiber

I have ATT Fiber for internet use only, no TV or phone.  My house has coax running from the router/modem to my office.  Will ATT fiber support the use of MoCA adapters?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @ukwildcatfan4life

While AT&T does not support setting up or troubleshooting MoCA connections with AT&T Fiber, it has been known to work. Other users throughout or Forum have offered assistance relating to personal experiences and set-up support; as you're finding with this post. You can also reach out to the manufacturer of those products or visit online resources dedicated to the equipment you are using. 

If you have issues with services, please note, AT&T will only troubleshoot up the modem, 3rd party equipment/ devices are beyond our scope of support. These devices will need to be removed and our equipment tested separately, to determine the issue.  

AT&T Community Team 

(edited)

Scholar

• 

119 Messages

4 years ago

Yes it sure will .  I know because I used MoCA adapters with my ATT Fiber service a few years ago.  You'll need to connect a MoCA adapter to your ATT gateway to create your MoCA network..... then just connect the other MoCA adapters in the locations throughout your home where the coax is.  Worked just fine for me and I have internet, Uverse TV, and home phone never caused any issues at all.

Scholar

• 

119 Messages

4 years ago

I was just letting the OP know that you can indeed use MoCA adapters with ATT Fiber internet.  As for myself I'm not having any connectivity issues at all and I'm totally aware of the Air Ties.  Unfortunately those Air Ties aren't very powerful and don't provide the wifi speed I was hoping for.  I have invested in a few nice mesh wifi network systems and thats how I fix my coverage problems.  I put your gateway in passthrough mode and use my router and mesh point.

To the original poster of this thread you can use MoCa adapters with no problems.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

4 years ago

Seems ATTHelp Chad's aim is a little off.  :-/

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

When I am connected by ethernet I get my full 1GB speed.  If I connect via Wi-Fi, I get ~300 MBPS, and sometimes on zoom calls my Wi-Fi disconnects.  I want a wired connection for closer to the 1GB I'm paying for and a better connection.  I looked at teh MoCA option online and they get good reviews, but the description says it doesn't work with AT&T.  I wanted to see if that is true before I paid for the two MoCA adapters. 

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

4 years ago

While a MoCA setup will give full speeds across coax to another router, you're still limited by the wifi capabilities of your devices and that second router.  The disconnects are par for the course with AT&T gateways.  But 300Mbps is likely all that device can handle.

What are the makes and model #'s for the wifi devices you want to go faster?

Scholar

• 

119 Messages

4 years ago

Yes whenever you look at the MoCA adapters they will indeed state that they don't work with ATT but disregard that.  The reason they say that is using MoCA with Uverse TV is not an approved method but I was actually able to use MoCA two years ago and I have Uverse TV, internet, and phone......but being that you only have internet that point is moot.  The fact is MoCA will work with your Fiber internet.  Just make sure whenever you buy the MoCA adapters you get the newer MoCA 2.0 adapters.  I bought the Motorola brand and had full speed throughout my house ( wired speed that is). It also might be a good idea to place a MoCA filter where your coax enters your home.  If you want more information on this just google " can Uverse and MoCA coexist" you should be able to find a detailed thread on DSL Reports from two years ago that will give the information you need.

Scholar

• 

119 Messages

4 years ago

Actually just copy and paste the the below link.  It will take you to a post with lots of info.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31968881-Can-MoCA-2-0-adapters-and-Uverse-coexist

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.