Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
trongod05's profile

Mentor

• 

78 Messages

Tuesday, March 1st, 2022 7:03 AM

Why won't AT&T give me a BGW320?

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone could explain to me why AT&T will not give me a BGW320 gateway device.  I specifically requested this be installed when my AT&T Fiber service was set up a couple of weeks ago. My house is brand new and they installed some old piece of equipment that was clearly used and had someone else's config still on it. 

I have contacted support about 3 times, each time the story changing. The first was the tech telling me they were low on stock so he would create a ticket to get it for me.  I've heard nothing back from the tech and no ticket number. It of course sounded like an empty promise right off the bat. Then I started contacting the chat support. They would tell me that I can't get it then disconnect from the chat. Then next person told me that soon EVERYONE would get one and not to worry. That sounded like another lie. That person also forcefully disconnected the chat with a "have a nice day."

Who do I need to talk to to get this device?  I'm already fed up with AT&T as the first experience with them almost 20 years ago resulted in their total failure to even provide a service that stayed online.  Now I'm forced to go with them because they are the only option where I live now. Any info on how you went about getting this device would be great.

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 years ago

Little yellow cable with GREEN ends? Not a different color, color codes describe the fiber used.

You are correct, if cannot install new fiber run, a different gateway (320) would reside in the front room with Ethernet to patch panel switch. May need to upgrade switch if current only supports 1G. 

Considering many use their router and wireless network turning off the 210/320 Wi-Fi becomes just a question where the ATT equipment resides.

https://cleerlinefiber.com/2020/05/01/fiber-optic-color-codes/

Yellow jacket with green ends SC/APC

(edited)

Mentor

• 

78 Messages

2 years ago

@my thoughts There were no ends yet. It was just the fiber. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.