Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thu, Dec 29, 2016 5:47 AM

Why is DMZ plus mode so slow with my Untangle Internet Device?

Today has been a exhausting day. 4 hours of a tech doing the install only for him to not configure my Pace 5268AC gateway to work properly with my untangle u25 router. I called tech support and on the first call the tech disconnected me, the second call sent me to the wrong department, the third call started the work then said he would call me back in 10 minutes and I called back 45 minutes later, and the fourth call got DMZ plus mode working but blamed my untangle u25 for the super slow 130 Mbps or less service. I had 180 Mbps service (the max throughput for my Comcast account) using the u25 untangle device just hours before the AT&T install with Comcast. While it might seem like I'm angry...I'm actually not. I just feel like went through a blender. I'm going to call untangle support tomorrow to see if it's possible that a setting is causing this. I'm afraid I'll be returning the AT&T equipment by the end of week. It's just too much trouble. It's a crying shame because I actively hate Comcast and wanted so badly to be rid of them. Has anyone else had similar issues and solved them?

Responses

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

136.1K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @djfalstaff,

What speeds are you getting without the untangle device connected? You may want to ensure you are using an Ethernet cable that can definitely support the faster speeds.

-ATTU-verseCare

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

All my cables are Cat5e or Cat6.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

They sent me the Arris NVG599 instead and had me hook it up because the tech thought the ip passthrough feature on that device was better.

They setup the ip passthrough feature and now my router isn't getting an ip address at all.

I've been on the phone a total of 10 times with tech support.

At this point, I'm going to actively campaign against friends and family ever using the service.

There is no way I'd want people I care about to have to deal with this kind of bad service.

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

136.1K Messages

4 years ago

What speeds are you getting without the untangle device connected?

-ATTU-verseCare

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

840 Mbps...give or take

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

The u25 is a buisness class gigabit device.

I'm not accepting that the device is the problem

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

For anyone interested here is the link for the u25

https://www.untangle.com/untangle-ng-firewall/appliances/

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Try disabling IPv6

on the 5268AC gateway,

Access your gateway (192.168.1.254)....

Go to Setting tab and the LAN selection.

The last item on top right should be IPv6

Reboot router

uncheck Enabled, Select SAVE , should ask for the Device Access Code found on Label of gateway.

paul500w

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I am using the pace 5268AC modem as just a passthrough (as much as you can set it up as a passthrough) and having it assign DHCP. I have turned off WIFI and am using a NetGear Nighthawk router for all my WIFI and for some other wired items. I would do a factory reset on the 2nd router and then use a LAN 2 WAN setup to cascade the Pace modem and the 2nd router. I have my Pace modem doing DHCP for 192.168.1.x and then my 2nd router is doing DHCP for 192.168.2.x this way they are connected via a cable from the Lan port of the Pace modem to the Wan port of the 2nd router.

Here are some really good instructions on how to do it.

http://www.corenetworkz.com/2008/02/router-to-router-cascading-simple-guide.html

Hope this works for you.

Get started...

Ask a new question