For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
jvarney's profile

• 

6 Messages

Monday, February 8th, 2021 6:52 PM

What kind of outdoor fiber and connectors does ATT uses?

I have an outdoor ONT installed five years ago that is connected to Cat5E that is ran to the garage and I want the new BGW320 gateway with a direct fiber connection.

Only way to get fiber to wiring closet on the second flow is to run fiber up the house  through the attic soffit then into the wiring closet.

I don't want to do a PVC conduit with a pull string instead I want to run the fiber myself and have it waiting on the ATT tech.

Questions:

What is the extract outdoor fiber optic cable that ATT uses?  Name or URL link?

Does it need the ends already attached for the fiber cable, or will ATT  terminate the ends.  If not, what types does it uses from the new cable box outside to the new ATT wall plate? Name or URL Link?

Can I buy the new ATT logo wall plate somewhere that terminates the fiber inside of the house, if so URL Link,

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

3 years ago

The desire... add fiber extension from current older outside ONT to the new location is wiring closet.

Concept: existing fiber end + fiber coupler + flexible inside/outside fiber line + fiber coupler + wall bracket 

The line would be single mode, SC/APC to SC/APC meaning will have GREEN fiber ends, the couplers will also need to be GREEN. Wall bracket is likely Corning product, although this could be provided by tech during install. 

https://www.amazon.com/50M-Singlemode-Simplex-Fiber-Optic/dp/B07WZJ2ZQW

https://www.amazon.com/Cerrxian-Singlemode-Adapter-Internet-Connector/dp/B075FPJFD3/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=sc+apc+coupler&qid=1612837196&s=electronics&sr=1-3

Image result for fiber wall plate 010 ONT

Could also consider a fiber NID in the wiring closet....

Image result for att fiber nid

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I finally got around to running my own fiber cable and ATT removed the old outside ONT and installed a new 320.  Working great!!!

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks again for all of the help....

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Can I ask, what kind of fiber did you run? I have a new construction with fiber run (by low voltage vendor) to the D-marc location. I am wondering how compatible (hoping it works) is my fiber prewired to the ATT fiber. Can we install our own slack NID outside next to it. I have noticed the att one is HUGE. Thanks for your help

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I ran OFS Interconnect EZ-Bend Optical Cable SCA to SCA 100FT White, that I bought from ebay.  The box outside that just connects the house and the street and it's not too large and I would not think that they would have to use their own box.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

1 year ago

@jvarney  Excellent work, any chance you could share the seller or URL? I found ton of OFS but not the exact one you used? Thank you

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

1 year ago

@jvarney Nice install.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.