Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Davy49's profile
Davy49
Helpful 1
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!

Mentor

• 

118 Messages

Sat, May 28, 2022 1:29 PM

Wanting To Report A Potential Safety Hazard

Since I try my best to be a good neighbor as well as being very safety conscious I need to report what I consider a safety hazard in my immediate neighborhood. I observed a at&t fiber terminal junction box with one of the two cement halves not properly closed/seated all of the way down, thus one end of the cover was protruding upward and there was a gap between the two halves where an infant that was too curious could get their foot/leg stuck in between the two halves because of it not being closed properly. The fiber terminal box is located out by the street by a house located @ 974 Willow Grande Circle, Brandon, MS 39047 in the Castlewoods subdivision. I thought about trying to correct this issue myself but then I decided not to just in case something happened I would be at fault. Can someone please look into this for me, I posted about this issue as a direct message, but so far at least I didn't receive any responses. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.3K Messages

2分前

The Buried Wire Center would be correct for any enclosure associated at ground level, not aerial on pole…

This group is reachable Monday to Friday only during Eastern Time zone business hours. No weekends or holidays, therefore Tuesday May 31 would be first contact time. 

If feel this is an urgent safety concern could call 800.288.2020 to report open box with safety concern of area children possible exposure. A tech dispatch will need to be created by either work group to have someone restore the enclosure to closed.

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

2分前

Clearly it must not be that much of a safety hazard if you considered minimization of your legal risk higher than the need to correct the situation in an expedient manner.

The procedure to report this is documented here:

https://www.att.com/support/article/local-long-distance/KM1000559/

Davy49

Mentor

• 

118 Messages

2分前

JefferMC,

That's part of the reason I'm hesitant to post anything in this community, instead of being glad that I took the time to bring this to someone's attention, instead I received a somewhat smart elic response from you that contains a negative inuendo "Clearly it must not be that much of a safety hazard if you considered minimization of your legal risk higher than the need to correct the situation in an expedient manner. " I really don't understand certain people in today's society, always having to reply with some kind of negativity. By the way, the link you included in your message has basically nothing to do with what I'm trying to get done, concerning the at&t fiber terminal junction box not having both sides closed. 

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

2分前

The "buried wire center" basically takes all complaints related to issues with the plant.  An open enclosure basically means an exposed wire.  The article I linked talks about exposed wires.

So, yes, my link was relevant.  But I hope the view is good up on your high horse.

Davy49

Mentor

• 

118 Messages

2分前

JefferMC,

I guess I owe you an apology, maybe I care about safety too much, but I always have and always will. my thoughts, thanks for your response as well, I actually thought about trying to get the cover back on properly myself but then I thought what if I would hurt myself in some way, I'm 73+ years old and my right hip and lower back has really been hurting me lately. I'm trying to get in to see my primary doctor who's also a sports medicine doctor. Have a great weekend and please stay safe, my wife and I are actually getting to the point of really being concerned about going anywhere for fear of getting shot.

Davy49

Mentor

• 

118 Messages

2分前

A few days ago, while I was out taking an early morning walk in my subdivision, I happened to notice a cable locating truck that was parked by the fiber termination box with the partial open cover. I informed that I had been communicating with at&t concerning this issue, he informed me that he had been instructed to come out to the area & locate all of the at&t fiber lines in the area surrounding my house & neighborhood. And of course he wasn't aware as the reason why, but he assured me that when he was done doing so he would re-seat the cover on the at&t fiber box before he left, which I'm glad to state he did as promised. 

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.