Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
AusTexan's profile
AusTexan
Helpful 1
#1 Star!
Academic

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, January 22nd, 2015 3:10 AM

Upgrade to Gigapower problem with TV guide not showing up properly

We just had Uverse w/Gigapower installed this week and I'm having issues with the tv guide.  It is too wide and the sides of the menu are getting cut off.

The equipment:

Sony Bravia 55" 4K tv

Xbox One

Pioneer VSX-1123

U400 package with the new slim receiver

Uverse receiver is plugged into the input of the Xbox One via HDMI.

HDMI out from Pioneer to Sony via a long run of HDMI cable (components are in a cabinet apart from the tv)

Another tv plugged into the wireless uverse receiver is not having issues.  Any ideas?  Screenshot below.

IMG_1401.JPGIMG_1402.JPG

2 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

AusTexan

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Ok gentlemen, I have the solution.

I unplugged the HDMI cable coming out of the Uverse receiver from the Xbox One input and plugged it in directly to one of the HDMI inputs on my Pioneer receiver.

That resolved the problem immediately.  For whatever reason the Xbox One can't handle the signal from the new STB.  I will try and purchase a newer cable and test that to see if it fixes the problem but as of now, you CANNOT use your Xbox One to run Uverse.

If anyone has questions feel free to shoot me a message.

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

What should be causing that is an aspect setting on the TV - it should be set to normal or 16:9. Post your TV model mumber & I will look it up.

AusTexan

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Ok thanks that would be great!

Model # is XBR55X850B

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

Here are tv settings - how to set at top of page - You should set to normal - you can try other settings id you like - http://docs.esupport.sony.com/imanual/NA/2014/XBR-65X850B_55X850B_49X850B_NA/uc_uen/c_dispsnd_ch_twn_ucall_sformat_4k.html

AusTexan

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Hmm,

I tried to go through the menu options on the Sony but it's grayed out and tells me "Feature option not available for current signal"

I changed the input on the TV just to make sure there wasn't an issue with the settings and I am able to go in to edit those settings.

Any other ideas?

rdljr

Guru

• 

921 Messages

8 years ago

Try Full mode. It works and I have the same tv
aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

I have never seen these settings greyed out. The set is extremely complicated.

Here is a pdf version of the manual - https://docs.sony.com/release/XBR-65X850B_55X850B_49X850B_i-Manual_BRAVIA_i-Manual_NA_EN.pdf

On page 162 there is further discussion of these settings. If you cannot adjust them, I suggest you call Sony. They can probably tell you how to do it.

rdljr

Guru

• 

921 Messages

8 years ago

@aviewer My tv only lets me set normal mode on tuner and composite inputs because it is for 4:3. The best for 16:9 is full.
rdljr

Guru

• 

921 Messages

8 years ago

@AusTexan Full mode displays 16:9 in its original size. You probably have it set to zoom or wide zoon
aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

OK - The only thing I can think of that you could do would be to swap the STB with another TV to see if the problem follows the STB or stays with the TV.

If it is the STB, call in to U-verse. If the TV - work with Sony.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.