Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
rtyargh5's profile
rtyargh5
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

• 

81 Messages

Sun, Jun 27, 2021 7:03 AM

The Definitive Guide to Obtaining Open NAT with Port Forwarding for Xbox on BGW320-500 Gateway

1. Log in to the AT&T Gateway by typing the address of the gateway into the address bar of your internet browser. That address is 192.168.1.254. If at any point you are asked to enter a device access code, refer to the sticker on the AT&T gateway that has that information or, if you created a custom password for your gateway, enter the password you created.
  2. Navigate to “Home Network” and then “IP Allocation.” Select “allocate” to the right of your Xbox that is shown in the device list. From the drop-down menu by the “New Allocation” field, select the “private fixed” IP address that is already assigned to your Xbox. It’s shown above. Click “save.” You now have a fixed IP assigned to your Xbox

3. Navigate to “Firewall” and then to NAT/gaming. Select “custom services” towards the bottom of the page.

4. Now create an entry for each of the 7 ports that need to be opened according to Microsoft’s support page for Xbox One port forwarding. Name each port (I just named mine gaming0-gaming6) by typing  it in the “service name” field. For global port range, we aren’t actually entering a range. We are sticking specifically to 1 port number per custom entry. So for port 88 (the first on Microsoft’s list) simply enter 88 in the first field and 88 in the second field. After that, enter 88 in the “base host port” field. Microsoft tells us to use the “UDP” protocol for port 88, so select “UDP” from the drop-down menu and then click “add.” Repeat this process for the remaining 6 ports on the list. If you receive an error saying that the settings may cause a problem with Uverse TV, just click “confirm” and continue creating your service entries. When you’re done adding all custom entries, select “return to NAT/gaming.”

5. Under “Application Hosting Entry,” select each of the 7 custom entries you just created and assign each service to your Xbox from the “hosted by device” list. So for the first one, you would select the service name you created for port 88 (mine is gaming0) and then choose your Xbox from the list below and then “Add.” Repeat for each service.
6. When finished, restart the AT&T gateway. Turn on your Xbox and go to your network settings and test the NAT type. If it doesn’t already indicate “Open NAT” then “check your NAT” and it should change to “Open.”

• 

1 Message

10 m مضت

Yeah I don't know what I'm doing wrong but this isn't working or maybe I have a different router it's for fiber

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

7.3K Messages

10 m مضت

The OP's gateway is also fiber and his steps have been verified by a number of different people.  There are a lot of steps so maybe you missed something?

rtyargh5

• 

81 Messages

9 m مضت

@hondaboy89 

Can you post screenshots of your gateway’s settings at each step of the guide I uploaded? Then we might be able to see where you’re going wrong. 

rtyargh5

• 

81 Messages

9 m مضت

@hondaboy89 

Or not…😏

• 

2 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

I have two separate xbox devices to choose from, does it matter which one is assigned? I'm assuming one is for the 5g wireless connection and the other for the wired connection.

• 

2 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

rtyargh5

• 

81 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

@vomito211 

You want to use whichever Xbox connection is connected to your router that you intend on using a majority of the time. View the network settings on your Xbox to confirm the IP address if you’re unsure, but this is usually so obvious, I’m surprised you even asked that question.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.