Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, May 25, 2016 2:37 AM

Slow Gigapower after UVerse Voice Installed

I had Uverse phone installed yesterday, and the installer did a "hard reset" therefore everything to include my Wifi name (changed from default) was reset. Before he came I averaged 800 GBps, after he left we are maxing at 45MBps Wifi and 82MBps hardwired Ethernet Cat-6 on our 2016 Macbook Pro 802.11a and 2016 Mac Pro 802.11ac, 2 6s Plus iPhones, and 1 Samsung s7 edge. I attempting just to stress that the hardware is more than compatible for the network performance paid for and has worked flawlessly for the past 2 months. I know when the service was installed initially we disabled the iPv6; and made a few other changes. Please assist me in updating the router to pre-yesterday's installer's condition.

Responses

ATTU-verseCare

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @jazzieb,

We have some articles here that may help. Logging into the modem and adjusting the wi-fi settings is recommended. You will also see an article on how to change the Wi-Fi Name and Password. 

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question