Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, May 25, 2016 2:37 AM

Slow Gigapower after UVerse Voice Installed

I had Uverse phone installed yesterday, and the installer did a "hard reset" therefore everything to include my Wifi name (changed from default) was reset. Before he came I averaged 800 GBps, after he left we are maxing at 45MBps Wifi and 82MBps hardwired Ethernet Cat-6 on our 2016 Macbook Pro 802.11a and 2016 Mac Pro 802.11ac, 2 6s Plus iPhones, and 1 Samsung s7 edge. I attempting just to stress that the hardware is more than compatible for the network performance paid for and has worked flawlessly for the past 2 months. I know when the service was installed initially we disabled the iPv6; and made a few other changes. Please assist me in updating the router to pre-yesterday's installer's condition.

Responses

my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.6K Messages

4 years ago

You can access the gateway by pointing your browser to 192.168.1.254

You will have to search the various pages to find the settings your looking to restore such as SSID, password, etc. On the side of gateway is the device code password you will need to enter to effect changes.

My initial thought is your wireless devices are connected on the 2.4Ghz b/c/n band not the 5Ghz n/ac band. One of the reason to give each a different name is to know which frequency you are using such as myhome and myhome5G. Can use same pass code, just different SSIDs.

When testing hardwired you are disabling (turning off) wireless on the device?

If not you may still be using the wireless connection instead of ethernet.....

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @jazzieb,

We have some articles here that may help. Logging into the modem and adjusting the wi-fi settings is recommended. You will also see an article on how to change the Wi-Fi Name and Password. 

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question