Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
dons52's profile

6 Messages

Friday, November 3rd, 2023 1:29 PM

Setting up Eero Routher Pro 6 on the ATT Modem BGW320 For best results

I just started with ATT and have the ATT router/Modem the BGW320, and have that setup as a router/modem broadcasting a SSID. and.  I have the eero pro 6 setup (connected to the ATT BGW320 Directly with Ethernet cable)  as it's own router. I run my home office business from the eero router and have some other things connected to the ATT modem/router. 

I had problems in the beginning connecting with computers on the eero router. I had it manually setup using an IP range (DHCP & NAT - Manual Setting) instead of Automatic. I had connection issues using this (Manual IP) configuration. So, after calling eero for about the 4th time the tech person said to change that setting to Automatic, and that did work. I had used the Manual setting for years since I have two printers on the network, but he had me configure that as under the "Reservations & port forwarding" section and that is working... 

So now I have basically two home networks that seem to be working. My thinking is to let any guests connect to the ATT network and or have devices that are on the same floor of house connected to the ATT router/modem. Do you see any problems with this setup?

Thanks 

Oh, I forgot to ask... If I set it up as "Pass through gateway" - How to do that?

And would that be better? 

and will I have issues as-is, meaning having two networks and I guess the phrase is having two NATs?

Thanks for any help/advice

thanks again

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.