For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
J

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 1st, 2020 4:28 PM

Set Up NETGEAR Router with ATT Fiber

I have the new NETGEAR Nighthawk Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System (MK62) - AX1800 Router with 1 Satellite Extender nad trying to set it up with my ATT Fiber BGW210-700. I have looked into other posts but I cannot seem to figure this out and how to make it work correctly. Any help will be appreciated.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have a BGW210 at&t modem and i do the passtrough procedure to connect my netgear nighthawk  router but only get 178 mgbps but with the modem router i can get 428 mgps, i have a internet 1000 how i can do to have more speed from my router?

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

How do I connect my Netgear R7000 to the fiber modem?  I followed the pass through steps above but my router is not available for selection....

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

4 years ago

@thethiefofalways   Did you plug an Ethernet cable from one of the AT&T gateway's 4 ports and the WAN port on the Netgear or to one of the numbered ports on the Netgear?  It needs to be on the WAN port, then power cycle the Netgear and when it finishes its self-test see if the MAC address shows up in the drop down.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

How do I turn off the WIFI in the Pace gateway after the exterior router is installed?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have a BGW210 from ATT with Internet 100 (DSL). 

I hooked my Netgear Nighthawk to the ATT router and set up an IP Passthrough - the Nighthawk puts out a much better wifi signal.

However, I was having trouble getting certain devices (Vivint home security panel, Owlet smart sock baby monitor, and Ecobee Smart thermostat) to find the internet. It would connect to the 2.4GHZ wifi signal from the Nighthawk just fine, but wouldn't find the internet. 

So here was my "solution"....

I set up the Nighthawk to only put out a 5GHZ wifi signal for various phones, computers, and tablets in the house to use. Then I set the BGW210 to only put out a 2.4GHZ wifi signal for the various smart home devices to connect to.

This worked. 

HOWEVER, after just a few hours the smart home devices stopped finding the internet. For some reason, after power cycling just the Nighthawk, those devices found the internet again. 

What could be causing this? Is it ok to the broadcast 2.4 wifi from the BGW210 and 5 wifi from the Nighthawk with an IP Passthrough setup to the Nighthawk? 

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

It seems to me you are having the same problem I am both your nighthawk router and your BGW210-700 have DHCP server enabled.

I have been fighting for 2 days trying to get IP passthrough and disabling the dhcp server on the BGW210-700. Im running into a double NAT on my series X Any help would be appreciated. 

My set up is the BGW210-700>nighthawk AC1900>nighthawk switch>ubiquiti access points.

To further explain BGW210-700 (wifi off)>Nighthawk AC1900 wifi off hardwired to series x and to Nighthawk switch>Ubiquiti AC Points 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have nighthawk r7800 modem/router. Trying to connect with at&t. Followed the instructions. When on passthrough section can't find my router on the lists of the devices. Is this model compatible with At&t fiber?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I find it unbelievable that after logging into the AT&T gateway/modem the interface/instructions are so difficult to follow/understand. Access code or password? DHCP or DMZ+ ? I was able to figure it out once before but here I am again, wasting time trying to make sense of mumbo jumbo that isn't clearly defined. Are we "re-booting" or "re-starting" or "powering up"? Are we "turning off" the wi-fi or "disabling" it? WAN, LAN, port forwarding, or opening pinholes? Who writes this stuff? I can't wait to return the garbage equipment I have been renting for $14 a month. The fact that customers have to seek information from other customers is ridiculous. Can't AT&T make this information available?

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

3 years ago

Uhh....

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Hello I have the same issue with Netgear MR60 and this recommendation for IP Passthrough is not working. My ATT Modem is BGW320-505

Even att keeps transferring me like 5 times without resolution on the phone to different business units

In IP Passthrough --> I selected IP Passthrough in Allocation mode

Set Passthrough mode as DHCPS-Fixed

Passthrough list from devices --> I used the Mac address of netgear wifi extender 

What else do I have to do to get it connected to the ATT Modem for internet with the wifi MR60 WIFI Extender?

I also used this link with details on it - https://www.att.com/support/smallbusiness/article/smb-internet/KM1188700

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.