Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
C

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, November 7th, 2020 6:28 PM

Samsung TV disconnects from network when turned off and won’t connect to router unless a network reset is done.

Hello!

I currently have 2 Samsung QLED tv’s and I’m having the same problem with both. When I turn off the tv’s after about a few hours they will disconnect from the router or extender. I turn the TV back on and get the error message. When the connection graphic comes up on the screen it shows the little red x’s on both the TV to the router and the router to the internet (world). I then have to reset the network on the TV in order for it to reconnect to the network. 

I have been looking around and I believe it could be something with the DHCP lease and the TV, but that’s a shot in the dark. 

All my other devices work just fine and I am on fiber. I have a BGW210-700 router. 

Anyone else experienced these issues??

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue. Bought in November. Had issue with it about a month ago. Only way to get the internet to connect was to unplug the tv, wait a few secs, then plug it back in.

Now it's doing it daily. I work from home, used my laptop near the TV for a solid 8 hours, went to turn TV on and it fails. 

Why is it more frequent? What is the solution?

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have to same problem any solutions?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am also having this issue- I have had the TV for a few days.  the first 48 were fine and then all of a sudden its constantly loosing connection. It is very frustrating and I am wondering if its a Samsung issue and just return and get a new TV or will this happen for all smart TVs?

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I'm 90% sure this is an internet connectivity issue. We are going to try to hardwire into the router instead of using wi-fi. If other devices are sucking the Wi-Fi, like your phones, the TV will drop. I don't have issues if every other device is off. But I can't work from home on my laptop while watching TV.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

i got Samsung support to access the tv and they turned off instant on and its worked since then but it does take longer to boot up 

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

I have 2 Samsung TVs one a 2019 QLED Q70 65" and LED 32" and I don't have this problem, both are connected by wifi.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I called Samsung.  They walked me through how to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8, cycle power on the TV.  Then to 4.4.2.1 and cycle power.  It worked....but then I checked it a couple of hours later and the connection failed.  I'm convinced that it's a Samsung issue since I have a Roku in the next room and that works fine.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same issue. Disconnects every time my Samsung tv turns off. I have to reset it when I turn it on. However, I just switched to AT&T and the issue started. I had Comcast for over a year before and it never once did this. So I believe it’s not completely a tv issue. I don’t know how to fix it but if I can’t find a way I can tell you what’s going to get boot...

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm currently going through the same issue. Wondering if I still want to keep the TV

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

AT&T provided a wifi extender which I’ve placed less than 5ft from the TV. Tv still disconnects when turned off for more than an hour or so. I called Samsung and they changed the DNS setting and pointed me to a software update on their website. I updated the TV and the problem still persists. Not even sure to call AT&T or Samsung next. At this point it feels like it’s just a defective tv.

@thadrza i would return the tv while you can I am past my return window and want nothing to do with this tv any longer.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.