Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
dsteinmeyer8's profile

2 Messages

Friday, March 22nd, 2024 7:05 PM

Requesting an inground service box moved

We are having our driveway extended and there is a service box in the ground where the new driveway will be poured (I believe it is a fiber internet box). What is the process of getting an estimate to have it moved?

Employee

• 

190 Messages

2 months ago

Are you att customer with account opened at your address?

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Yes

ACE - Professor

• 

5.9K Messages

2 months ago

Call your local codes office and ask them to reach out to Att for guidance. It will cost a significant amount of money to move it. Probably more than it will cost to extend your driveway. 

2 Messages

2 months ago

The office that issues the permits stated that it is my responsibility to reach out to AT&T

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

2 months ago

You're most likely to need engineering. Try posting in the Business Forum and click on Business apps & Solutions that's where you'll find engineering. You'll need to re-register as it's a separate forum.  

ACE - Professor

• 

5.9K Messages

2 months ago

Try your public works department. They may have local Att contacts. Years ago you could contact the office of the president through investor relations. But I don’t see that option anymore. 

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

2 months ago

Engineering would provide a quote, I would estimate $5k to $10k depending on size of box, the number of wires leading into and away, possible permit, hiring contractor to dig location of new location and trenching . Would expect all customers of the lines going through the box will loss service for a period of time. 

Would not expect a fast solution, as everything has to be planned and contractor hired, and ATT construction crew to relocate. Hopefully have 6 months to a year before planning on new driveway.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.