Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
P

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 22nd, 2024 10:02 PM

Replace BGW320 with BGW210

The physical topography of my network means I can’t put my BGW320 on the rest of my house’s Ethernet without putting it in an outdoor closet that gets to ~90F in the summer. Previously I used a BGW210 inside the house through eap_proxy but made the ill-advised to decision to switch to our local cable internet service. Coming back to AT&T I received a BGW320 which makes my life more complicated than I would like since there are hardwired WAPs on every floor that I cannot connect to without putting said BGW320 in a non climate controlled space. It’s a skinny four story house and that has made WiFi service poor at best without multiple APs.

As a first step to resolve this, is it possible to swap the BGW320 for the 210?

thanks

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

26 days ago

When you previous had a 210 was it copper or fiber service?

Can the 320 be replaced with a 210, yes but the need for an ONT to be installed where the fiber ends is required then ethernet to gateway.

If fiber terminate in outdoor closet that is where the ONT would be located unless have a means to extend the fiber wiring, possibly along the outside of home (house wrap) and then drill through onto desired room.

Edit... this will depend if the tech has either the required 010 or 020 ONT availability.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

26 days ago

Previous fiber service was connected with an 010 ONT in the garage.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

26 days ago

Perhaps you could Place a small Ethernet switch that would better tolerate the environment in the outside panel and feed it from the BGW320.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.