For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
P

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 17th, 2021 10:51 PM

Ports 443 and 6112 blocked on BGW210-700

Technician online opened ports 80, 443 and 6112.  Only 80 is open and I need 443 and 6112 to access

my applications.  An online search shows that the ARRIS BGW210-700 has this problem a lot.  If there is no solution and AT&T does no replace it with one that does not have those problems, then I cannot use this account.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

3 years ago

I don't know that 6112 is a problem.  80 should be fine.  443 can be a problem if you have AT&T U-verse TV with Wireless TV Receivers and a WAP to service them.  AT&T reserves 443 for management of the WAP.  You can override the 443 temporarily but it will come back.

Why would you not have opened the ports yourself?

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks, but Both a tech online remotely set them to open 3 and they did not.  I also tried several times and failed - other people have the same problem, as I look through the forums.  Some say 443 can be opened if you turn off remote access - that would not be a problem, but 6112 is specificall y needed by ArenaNet and no one has offered a solution to that

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had this issue with port 443 on my ARRIS BGW210-700 being blocked/filtered, and turns out IT WAS THE REMOTE ACCESS. How annoying that you need to turn off remote access for 443 to work even if you configure it on a different port!  Thank you for suggesting this as I've already spent hours trying to fix this.

Oh, and I tested port 6112 (TCP) on my side for you, and can confirm it's not being filtered here... I can forward it no problem. Good luck there

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

I have the same modem and Remote access is not enabled.  443 is still being blocked though.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

10 months ago

@greensabath the only reason for 443 to be blocked if you haven't enabled remote access is if you have U-verse IPTV with a Wireless Receiver and therefore a WAP for it.  Do you?

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

Hi JefferMC,

I don't have U-verse or phone, just the fiber Internet plan. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.