Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
TotteKaiju's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 14th, 2019 1:51 PM

PlayStation 4 set-up with AT&T Fiber and BGW210-700

Hello,

I recently got the AT&T 300 mbps Fiber plan, along with the Arris BGW210-700 modem/router that is provided with it. I have connected my PlayStation 4 (PS4) via LAN to it and it is able to go online and play multiplayer, with a NAT 2. However, my Download and Upload speeds on the PS4 are very low to my laptop or other devices. Despite my 300 mbps plan, my DL speeds tend to be low 100's and my upload is terrible, only 1-3 mbps. I cannot host or use SharePlay at those speeds.

I've tried opening ports via the NAT/Gaming option via my network gateway, but nothing has changed. Please advise.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

5 years ago

What are your Speedtest results when testing using the gateway speedtest and then with a wired connection? If close to 300 up and down, then your ps4 or the sites it downloads from are the problem. Are you testing the ps4 wired or wirelessly?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hello, thanks for replying.

Both wired and wireless, the PS4 speeds are far from 300,  with the DL around the 100's and the UL barely hitting 3 mbps.

I figure something must be blocking the PS4's full potential - and the port fowarding has no effect, making me wonder if there's extra step to take. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Are there any updates to this issue?  My son is seeing horrible download and upload speeds.  I pay for gigabit service and my wired PCs and Wireless devices are all terrific with no issues.  The PS4 gets about 6 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My PS4Pro Test Connection reports speeds close to my account limits, but I am unable to join a remote SharePlay as a client, and the insufficient connection speed error appears. I am able to use my cellphone hotspot to connect to the same SharePlay session, despite speed tests of less than half what my Uverse router can provide.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.