Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet

AT&T related help: Welcome, Account

Simranjeets's profile

2 Messages

Monday, April 15th, 2024 11:55 PM

Passtrhough to a Palo Alto 440

Hi! We were looking to pass our WAN IP to our Palo Alto via our Meraki switch.We seem to be having issues getting all the correct settings to configure it into Passthrough/Bridge but what are all the settings I should look for when switching over to my WAN IP on my BGW320-500?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

1 month ago

Normally, all you have to do is:

1. Ensure that your router's LAN is set up on a different IP subnet than the Gateway
  2. Connect the WAN port of your router to a LAN port of the Gateway (probably avoiding port 1)
  3. Connect some device with a browser to a LAN port of the Gateway (probably avoiding port 1)
  4. use that browser to go to http://192.168.1.254
  5. Go to Firewall > IP Passthrough, enter the password from the sticker on the side of the Gateway when prompted
  6. Select "Passthrough" for Allocation Mode
  7. Set "Fixed" for Passthrough Mode
  8. Select your router in the drop down for the MAC address
  9. Hit Save
  10. Power off your Gateway and Router
  11. Power on the Gateway after 30 seconds
  12. Power on the Router after 5 minutes
  13. Check that the router's WAN address is something other than 192.168.1.x
  14. Test everything out
  15. Turn off the Wi-Fi on the Gateway (Home Network > Wi-Fi)

2 Messages

28 days ago

Thanks for that. It seems I also needed to change my DHCP scheme or atleast align in with what I currently had on my firewall. Once I did that and had passthrough on with my public subnet settings configured, I was able to pass through internet and onboard the devices on the old scheme and have it then move to its new scheme. Thanks again!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.