Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

deteria

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wed, Oct 31, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Responses

tbuck128

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

4 months ago

I thought everyone was still on 11.4.1.532484-att because that's the latest?

I'm still dropping calls with WiFi calling with 11.4. I had to turn it off
completely. 😕
tonydi

Guru

• 

540 Messages

4 months ago

I've seen quite a few people online reporting that they never got 11.4.  That, coupled with the lack of AT&T pushing 11.4 back onto gateways that have been downgraded is what's causing us to believe AT&T has pulled it.

The wifi calling issue is the problem most people report with 11.4 so I'm not sure exactly what sort of DMZ issues @LACommunityCA  is having.  But 11.2 seems to be the last FW that was solid without any major issues.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I'm on 11.4 and DMZ+ has been working for me since it was pushed.   Speeds are back up and port forwarding that was not working well after the whole DMZ+ issue started, went back to normal (for me at least).   It sounds like this new firmware fixed things for some, like me, but not for all.    Hopefully the next rev won't break more than it fixes.   

tonydi

Guru

• 

540 Messages

4 months ago

Hopefully the next rev won't break more than it fixes.

Everyone's a comedian.  🤣

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

I just checked and I'm still on 11.2. Should I go ahead and upgrade to 11.4? If so, how do I even do that?

tonydi

Guru

• 

540 Messages

4 months ago

Given the propensity for AT&T to break things when they push a new firmware, it's usually not a good idea to force one unless it fixes something critical to you and you don't care if it breaks something else.  For some reason AT&T has stopped pushing 11.4 and while you can download it yourself and install it, I'd say stick with 11.2.  It's definitely the least problematical release as of this moment.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I am facing a new problem. My xbox is not showing open NAT (Cant find teredo IP issue) even with the ports forwarded. I tried the DMZ+ to a router and connected my xbox to that. Doesnt help. Made my Xbox directly the DMZ+, again it doesn't help. I have a feeling that both port-forwarding and DMZ+ is busted for me. I tried factor reset several times and I even factory reset my xbox. I m not sure what FW version I was on when it all worked fine till Dec 5th... Appreciate the help! 

tbuck128

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

4 months ago

10.7 was still the most stable. It's a shame they force people to 11.x
still.
tbuck128

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

4 months ago

11.4 fixes the DMZ Plus issues but introduces Wifi calling issues so it's
up to you what's more important. There should be directions above or if
your Google Fu is strong you'll find it on the interwebs 😉

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I was able to resolve this. The problem started after the auto upgrade to 11.4. I tried downgrading to 11.1, but it didnt help. Then I downgraded to 10.7. It was too slow to even change back my WIFI ID, and before I could finish that change the gateway upgraded itself back to 11.4. I tested the port forwarding with my xbox and it worked as expected on 11.4 again... 

I think the first time when the FW update was pushed, it didn't sit properly causing weird issues. Now I have a BGW 210-700 in shipment. Not sure If I should move to that or stick with 5286AC.

tbuck128

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

4 months ago

Did you do any testing with WiFi calling though?
lindros2

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

wifi calling is still broken for me. with DMZplus *on*, I drop calls after 5-10 seconds.

With DMZplus *off*, I can maybe get about 10-15 minutes.

I've been an AT&T Fiber customer for 5 weeks, and it's been a nightmare.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 months ago

11.4 fixed the DMZ+ download speed issues but introduced some weird disconnect issues with my remote ssh backups.. I had to turn off dmz+ again and it fixed it ;(

• 

1 Message

11.4 has broken scp (and rsync -e ssh) file transfers for me. SSH seems to work, altough very slowly. I'm using DMZ+. I've tried downrevving to 10.7 (this work before for all the DMZ+ issues, but the router no longer allows me to downgrade. I may try a factory reset to see if I can get back to 10.7...)

lindros2

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

3 months ago

what's amazing is that this issue has been going on for YEARS (like since this thing was shipped).

If I turn on DMZplus, it IMMEDIATELY causes ATT-WiFi calling issues.

And not a single person at AT&T knows how to fix it, other than "replace the Pace 5268" (which isn't an option for folks requiring coax cable - another AT&T paid service).

What a s__T show.

tonydi

Guru

• 

540 Messages

There's a new Pace firmware out there, 11.5.1.532678. Nobody has posted any info on what might be fixed or what now might be broken. I wonder if this solves the Wifi Calling problem?

lindros2

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

@tonydi any way to force an update (force check for update, even?)?

tonydi

Guru

• 

540 Messages

AT&T updates on some sort of pre-determined schedule that doesn't seem to follow any predictable pattern.

However, you can try to manually update after downloading the firmware file from here.

lindros2

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

didn’t solve my issue. Now the call doesn’t terminate but does go silent for periods of 2-3 seconds.

So probably ATT tried to fix it, failed, and gave up.

tonydi

Guru

• 

540 Messages

Lovely. Now I wonder what WAS working and now doesn't?

lindros2

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

@tonydi everything seems to be working that was working.

The wifi calling issue is similar but different now - so they (appear to have) attempted to fix it, but failed.

i.e. as others report, the other party couldn't hear you after 3-5 seconds into a call (there are other network-related issues folks pick up in the logs).

Now, on 11.5.1, you cut in and out, which is just as bad - but not total silence.

It's still unusable.

And as an AT&T "Platinum" customer, the support on both sides (wireless/mobility and fiber/cable) is awful. They can do absolutely zero - then they roll a truck with someone who yells at you.

• 

2 Messages

@lindros2 att just sent me a new pace 5286 to replace one that burnt out - totally killed my working wifi calling - only solution I have found is to downgrade the firmware - I just need to find the old firmware on my old computer.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…