For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

No voice 

I have direct tv no uverse tv

i only really have their internet

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

@mrouse2323 

The BGW210 was introduced and targeted initially to DirecTV customers.  Uverse TV customers were intended to stay on the older gateways with Coax output. 

It should be noted that Uverse TV can work fine with the BGW210 using a WAP for wireless settob boxes, or via directly hardwired Ethernet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Dear ATT,

You're fired!  I hate Spectrum, but I hate ATT much worse.  This issue is almost a year old and  ATT is still clueless. Not sure why all your customers put up with these issues. 

@customers - Time to cancel services and move on.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I'm facing the same issues as others with DMZ+ and the newest firmware (11.3.1.532191).  I've been playing upgrade/downgrade tag for a few days, but it's getting old.  I'm ready to try the "workaround" (https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html?cjevent=05b30e7ec98b11e9830c015c0a240611&source=EC1NAT10600aff12A#!/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1322413?gsi=zgxcy8), but I'm curious to understand more about the flaws of this approach.  Will there be NAT issues w/ two Xboxes on the network?  Anything else to be aware of?

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I've implemented their work around.  For the most part it works, but the downside I've noticed so far is that it is much slower getting security camera video through the network to my phone this way.   Prior to this I was on DMZ+ and running at the 50Mb/s they had us limited to and it was still much faster to make a connection.    Also, with the latest firmware and the workaround I get maybe 200Mb/s download max, where I used to get around 400 from the original Pace FW before this whole mess started.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

@rabernethy4 I can't answer your question (as I don't have 2 xboxes), but it is worth a try - the double NAT workaround is really easy to set up and try and see if it works.  It takes less than 5 minutes and once you set up the firewall rules, you can also pretty easily switch between the double NAT/firewall settings and DMZ+ (you just need to have your router renew its IP after the switch). For me double NAT didn't cause too many issues (I use voip but not much gaming) and it was much better than the groundhog day of waking up each morning after downgrading to it being upgraded ...

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

I can confirm in implementing the workaround/solution to enable all TCP and UDP to my firewall behind the gateway that my Samsung DVR will timeout intermittently. I'll connect remotely to the DVR and the connection will drop. I'll have to reconnect. My suspicion is that even though the Pace gateway is supposedly passing all packets to my router/firewall -- it's still doing some sort of firewall processing on those packets.

Man... it'd be great if the gateway could just passthough the connection to our own firewalls. ATT really needs to get their act together on this.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

Well, it took them nearly a  year but they finally pushed the 11.4 update to me (from 10.7) last night around midnight. Luckily, I have not seen any degradation of service in my speeds or WiFi calling. DMZ+ has the public IP assigned to my router and everything seems to work from there. A true bypass would be better but I am having no troubles for now. I'll be keeping a close eye on it.

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

Interesting. What is the exact version you are on 11.4.x?

I am still on 11.3 and awaiting an update.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. 

Just checked and it seems I’m on 11.4.1.532484-att.

I will need to test dmz + and WiFi calling as well. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.