Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

5 years ago

I hate being the bearer of bad news but the last time AT&T majorly fubar'd the firmware in the Pace (Oct 2018) it took until June for them to fix it.  That's why it made no sense that only weeks after they fixed it and had a perfectly stable setup, they pushed this latest one that broke things again. 

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

@jgerry2002 yeah - i was realizing that the grass isn't always greener - but in this case with the auto updates happening daily (I had been on a downgraded 10.7 for nearly 6 months with very little issues), I didn't know what else to do - so when the tech said that she would send a tech to the house with a BGW210 - I said SOLD!  

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

@Fujishig from what I understand, the other modems aren't much better.  My brother has the BGW and has speed issues with the passthrough settings for it.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

@tbuck128 

then it’s not setup correctly.  The BGW210 can at least passthrough most of the available bandwidth.  

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Well, now I know that I know nothing.  I reported that traffic through my DMZplus connected ASUS router was fine after a factory reset of the Pace 11.3.1.532191 in the morning.  And it was until some time that evening when all traffic stopped. Now  my ASUS reports no internet connection even though it has a WAN assignment from the Pace.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

ok heres the deal im going to use the eero pro as my ruoter, but it only has 2 ports..one will be the wan port coming out of the pace and the other has to feed a gigabit switch...so my question is what is the best fastest gigabit switch for gaming?   thoughts?   

I see this one around

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MU3GE5L/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 

also these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KFD0SEA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EVGIYG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

5 years ago

The Netgear GS808E does provide a QOS feature, something that gamers and streamers see as beneficial in certain circumstances.  Normally a router is a better place for implementing QOS but your eero setup doesn't have it (the eero people keep hinting that it might appear at some point down the road). 

It's difficult to say if this will make it worth the premium price, especially given that you're on a fiber connection and bandwidth shouldn't be an issue.  If you look at the benchmark tests there are very small differences in performance with the GS808E. So if I were in this situation I'd probably try one of the "regular" switches and see if my gaming experience was satisfactory.  If so, I saved a bunch of money, if not, I would return the switch and buy the GS808E. 

Do come back and update this thread once you've settled upon a winner as I'd be curious to see some real world feedback.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I think im giong to try to use the netgear nighthawk as my router you can prioritize in that, im going to use the pace dosplus setup to have all internet and wifi run from the netgear….the pace will just be a "bridge"  I have gigabit service and am getting like 350 down and 900 upload...like most in this thread I think the pace can nat correctly...not enough "power"...thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078GWJ44Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

5 years ago

The problem with that plan is the Pace, as you can see from this and other threads, is a terribly flawed device.  It doesn't have a true bridge mode and the option AT&T provides for using a router behind it is currently broken (and the "workaround" has flaws too).  No way would I be spending $250 on a router and hooking it to either of the AT&T gateways.

Are you an Internet-only customer or do you have Voice and/or Uverse TV coming through your Pace too?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.