Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

am now experiencing this issue but it says that i'm still on the 10.7.0.530220 firmware...

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

We were on 10.7 and DMZ+ was working just fine until 4am last night. ATT pushed the 11.3 firmware to our device and then things went bonkers again. It was odd, our connection would work for 1-2 minutes after rebooting the gateway, then it went down again.

So, I followed the solution in this post (really it's a workaround) and assigned our firewall a private IP, then allowed all TCP and UDP ports to forward to that device. It brought everything back online.

Ideally we'd love to avoid this double NAT issue, it just seems ATT isn't so interested in fixing it with their COAX PACE gateway. Still a total bummer. Perhaps either they're release a new gateway with coax or maybe 11.4 or 11.5 will finally solve this DMZ issue once and for all.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

I just woke up to the internet not working.  I had previously been on 10.5 but was forcibly upgraded to 11.3.1.532191.  Internet was not working (mostly not working - it was very very slow, everything (from browser) was timing out - however ping worked fine).  Tried doing a hard reset and resetting up DMZ+ - which didn't work.  Saw in the firewall logs that there was a TCP FLOOD - did a google search at it looks like this is an issue in the latest (11.3) firmware (see reports in https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32412967-New-software-version-for-Pace-5268AC~start=60

Instead of going back to 10.5, I figured I might as well try 11.2.1.531810 - working so far, but only been using for about 15 minutes.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

11.2.1.531810 seems to work fine for me.  But be warned, mine got updated a week ago, I downgraded, and now, exactly a week later it got reupdated to 11.3 at midnight.  I happened to wake up and my phone wasn't connecting, so I immediately checked.

Downgraded again but I'm not doing this week after week.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

Man I hope that's not what's going on with my internet. AT&T has been
trashy at home since yesterday, can't use Chromecast, Google Home can't use
Spotify, seems to be very selective. I'll be checking my firmware tonight
when I get home.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

Confirmed 11.3.1.532191-att... confirmed horrible performance. Speedtest fails or runs very strangely -_- Chromecast devices all had issues streaming for the first 24hrs. Couldn't stream Spotify via Google home. Signal couldn't send messages unless I switched to LTE. Random web pages won't load. Ugh I hate AT&T. I'm almost tempted to get Comcast at this point. I shouldn't have to buy my own BGW210 to get stable performance...

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

5 years ago

A BIG spike in the number of reports from Pace owners having issues with third party routers in the last couple of days.  So it seems like AT&T started pushing 11.3 out again this week after it appeared that they were holding off because of all the complaints.  Absolutely no idea why they're doing this.  It's obvious that it breaks DMZ+ and AT&T just has to know this.

It will be interesting to see what happens to you guys who put 11.2 back on again.  Maybe the FW push is automated/scheduled and it won't come looking for your gateway again for a while.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

So it seems like AT&T started pushing 11.3 out again this week after it appeared that they were holding off because of all the complaints.  Absolutely no idea why they're doing this.  It's obvious that it breaks DMZ+ and AT&T just has to know this..

Repeat after me... They simply do... not..... (wait for it)............care.

As for me, I'm still on 10.7 and loving life. I think I will stay there for a while.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

They'll get you eventually, took them a year to get mine but they did eventually. 😕

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

Undoubtedly, they will. And I will revert back just as soon as they do. I'm on disability, I will go back and forth with them all day every day. I got nothing but time on my hands... lol

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.