Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I just got off with AT&T regarding the exact same issue (if I port-forward/DMZ, speeds drop to 50Mbps on 11.1.0.531418).  I tried to get an update to the new firmware and tech support couldn't do it so they tried sending me a new Pace modem.

Hours later, I noticed they're trying to charge me an extra $7+/mo for equipment fees.

I chatted with them, explained the situation, and complained.  They're now sending me the Arris and they've changed me back to my old fees.

I'll update later if I can manage to get this to work with the Arris.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

@madcitydan608 

ive got the same WiFi call drops issue on 11.2.1.531810, any luck resolving it?

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

Hate to be the one to break it to ya, but enjoy your new Pace modem...

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Adamv58 wrote:

ive got the same WiFi call drops issue on 11.2.1.531810, any luck resolving it?

suggest getting a proper home Wi-Fi system and putting the at t gateway into bypass mode.  If you want reliable Wi-Fi calling.  

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

5 years ago

I was about to say the same thing.  They will likely send another Pace unit.  Are we at the year mark yet with this issue??

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

I think October makes a year.

In the meantime, I'm still going to stick with 10.7, as it's working as desired for me. I've got DMZ+ pointed at my router, and it does the rest. For the ways I use it, no problem whatsoever. Speeds stay ~940 up and down for me and I have no issues setting up remotes, FTPs, or whatever else I need.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

@Swerved @Are you doing any WiFi calling with your 10.7 fw over your router WiFi?  Working well?

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

THU update on AT&T's fix.  I ended up getting a Pace modem with the same old firmware on Tuesday.

By Thursday morning, the old modem no longer worked so I had to switch to the new one.

Of course, after set-up it had the same speed issue with the DMZ.

Now, I'm fighting with AT&T Tech on the phone again to get a BGW replacement.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

ok.  I've been sent my 3rd useless Pace modem.

They are scheduling a technician to bring in a BGW210 on Sunday.  I'll update after setup.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

Quick update:  resolved dropped WiFi calls and one way audio after replacing the Pace 5268ac with a BGW210-700

called support, after reproducing the issue with the tech, requested truck roll and BGW replacement.  Swapped out the RG and setup ip Passthrough on the BGW pointing to my router, reset them and reenabled WiFi calling on my mobile devices, and bingo, clear 2 way audio and stable call connections.

thanks to those who recommended this solution.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.