Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

So are we just screwed?

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

5 years ago

So crazy that ATT hasn't introduced a new firmware to solve this... Nearly 1 year old.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Not really AT&T's issue , the modem is made by Pace ( now part of Arris ) , and Arris is pushing the BGW-210 which is their own hardware. They really have no financial interest in pushing out a new firmware to the Pace, it would take away from the BGW. That is what it appears to me. I can't find a single forum that communicates to Arris directly , and if you go to their website to search for help/issue , the Pace 5286ac doesn't show anywhere. Although I am sure AT&T has told Arris about the issue , I don't think that there is anything that AT&T could say or do to get Arris to update the 5286ac . There may be competing equipment that they could change to , but the cost of training techs to install something new , and to provide customer support for it could be prohibitive.

I think that until Arris decides it is in their best interest to do something , we are all stuck with the buggy firmware.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Wait should we stop paying AT&T and instead pay Arris? 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

5 years ago

The 5268 is an old design, about 3 years older than the BGW210.  Some people swear by the Pace, so there’s that.  If you really need  or prefer to use your own router, then have to find a way to get off the 5268.  Sitting here and stewing won’t solve the DMZ problem.  

Scholar

• 

465 Messages

5 years ago

New 5268 firmware released! 

Download here:

»gateway.c01.sbcglobal.ne ··· kgstream

Let me know if this finally fixes the problems. I can't try it myself because I have the BGW210

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have the throttling issue. Same pace modem as everyone else here. They sent me a new pace modem - same issue. Has anyone flashed the firmware listed above and if so how do you flash this junky gateway?

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

You do it by visiting 192.168.1.254/update if I'm not mistaken. Or whatever your RG IP is set for on your local network.. From there you'll see what to do.

I am going to keep mine running 10.7 since it is working as expected for me.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I had no idea why my wifi calling stopped working until until I saw pgiralt reply in this discussion.  apparently ATT pushes firmware upgrades with serious breaking changes.

The instructions from @attkevin, need a better screenshot at step 6. You wont be able to assign a static ip address or a an address from the pool unless you also change the firewall back to enabled. This will put your device back to max protection mode, but then you can add the firewall rules and will and put the internal router device in allow individual applications section. I don't get why ATT provides such crappy devices, they should allow pure pass-trough or at least give the option to opt in to use a modem only device for users that want to use their own routers.   

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Wish me luck...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.