For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

users who have replaced their pace 5268ac with another model:

which replacement modem is best? nvg599? bgw-210? 

i want, at minimum: 

ipv6

UPnP

DNS control

how are the range extenders? i'm thinking about getting rid of my Archer C9 and no longer doing dmz/ip passthrough.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

ATT disables the UPNP functionality on their RGs. If they would allow upnp then I would just use their equipment and wouldn't be having this issue at all.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Stressed to support chat not to send me the same model. NP!

Follow up next day for shipping status and to request they to push an older firmware. Tech support told me the firmware "broke the ports" and id be getting a replacement of the same model. 

Looks like ill be downgrading the firmware this weekend. Just what i wanted to do.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Ran into the same problem and reached out to the AT&T support chat. Here's what I gave them for anyone who wants to copy and paste:

Hello, we currently have a Pace 5268AC gateway for our AT&T fiber service. It recently obtained the 11.1.0.531418 firmware version which is well known to cause speeds to drop to 50 Mbps if placed in DMZ+ mode. I re-flashed the gateway back to version 10.7.0.530220 which solved my problem, however, I see this as a temporary bandaid as At&T can push the 11.1.0.531418 firmware back to this gateway at anytime causing my speeds to be significantly reduced from 1000 Mbps to 50 Mbps. Apparently this issue is widespread and a spokesperson for AT&T recommended for folks to reach out to AT&T support and request that a Arris BGW210 be sent to replace the old Pace 5268AC gateway. Here is a link to a thread on AT&T forums that specifies this issue I'm experiencing: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Fiber-Equipment/PACE-11-1-0-531418-DMZ-Issue/m-p/5700776/highlight/true#M7321 - Could I get an Arris BGW210 sent to me to replace my current 5268AC gateway? Thanks!

It was pretty straightforward from there...skipped all the useless troubleshooting steps and the agent went straight to looking up the inventory they had available. They didn't have the BGW210...but they did have the NVG599 so I settled with that. It took about 10 minutes from first entering the chat to having a order confirmation #. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Wanted to add my input on this so AT&T and others have an idea of how many people this may be affecting.

My experiences were all similar to everyones here too. I also have the Pace 5268AC - software version 11.1.0.531418-att

I personally started experiencing this issue on Friday November 30th.

• The 5 GHz radio automatically turned on after the update. I keep both Wireless radios off and have my wireless router through DMZ mode handle WiFi.
  • All devices connected via DMZ (including my router) were capped at 40-60 Mbps down with 100 Mbps up.
  • Large file downloads also never complete successfully. When downloading 1 GB test files, Chrome would give a Network Error. All devices would also experience their own error such as the Nintendo Switch error code: 2137-8056
  • When connecting devices directly to the Pace modem or disabling DMZ, i got the full supported Gigabit speeds with no issues downloading large files.
  • 1.1.1.1 now works though, where previously this address wasn't supported in working on this modem.

I could contact AT&T and have them replace the modem but honestly, I rather downgrade to a previous version and wait for another firmware update to address the issues with DMZPlus. Alternatively, having the modem handle DHCP and using my router as a bridge. Not ideal though. Just need to make sure the software team at Pace/AT&T are aware this is affecting quite a few people who use the feature.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

Customer "Service"... lol... Much in the way a bull "services" a cow is more like it...

Like many others, the upgrade broke my setup since I kinda needed one of my machines to be DMZ+... I did roll back the firmware to an older one, like 10.5 something or other (all I could find at the time)... worked great. Went to bed that night and when I woke up the next morning, my daughter was telling me the internet AND the television were both not working (only the one in my room was on while she was telling me this)... SO... I went to work on it. The internet was intermittent at best. I could get a couple minutes at a time. The web portal to the RG was taking 10+ minutes to respond, IF it responded at all. Finally I was able to get 10.7 and upgrade it again, only it didn't. It went through the process, uploaded the file to the router, etc.. but nothing. SO, about 4 hours later, the thing shuts down and upgrades.. while I'm watching a movie nonetheless. A few more hours and I was able to get the TV's working, then finally the internet. But it's glitchy and does strange things, however the speeds are right.

SOOOOO I ordered a new gateway on Tuesday. This is where it gets fun. We went through the whole troubleshooting punch list like those drones are programmed to do, and we finally came to the conclusion that the RG was bad (go figure). So the rep on the phone promises me one next-day shipping and I opt to install it myself; it's a piece of cake, right? Wednesday gets here and about 4pm I'm thinking I should have seen it by then. So I call for a tracking number to find out where it is... They couldn't find the tracking info at first, but then came back and told me it was on the truck about to be delivered. I hung up and waited.... and waited.. then I called back because I wanted to track it myself, and I never got the number. The next rep I talked to told me that not only could she not find the tracking number, her computer said it had never even been shipped. I was getting mad at this point, but I figured what the heck, the old one is working (for now) so I can wait one more day.

So TODAY, about 4pm I called having not seen it; asked for the tracking info because online it say the order was completed. The guy on the phone tells me that the order has been cancelled and never shipped. Now, I don't know what these people get paid to help us on the phone, but I can assure you this guy does not get paid enough to listen to things I told him. They wanted to send a tech out next week, to which I told them that was unacceptable.. maybe not quite in those words but that was the notion. They (once again) assured me I will see this thing tomorrow and it will be a done deal. They also gave me a lousy $10 credit that I have to wait 3 billing cycles to receive (remind me to get that Bentley I been eyeballing). How generous of them. I previously was with Cox cable and *thought* their customer service was terrible. I mean, how hard is it to call the local dispatch and get one of the 10,000 techs in the area to drop in and had me a gateway at the front door. He wouldn't even have to install it, just hand it to me. The level of incompetence and ineptitude is nothing short of startling and astounding, to say the least.

I am a bit skeptical that I will get my box tomorrow. I suspect that I'd sooner see tootsie rolls, skittles, and $100 bills rain down from the sky, which I would probably be ok with.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

5 years ago

I literally gave up and bought a BWG210. Works perfectly. 

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

@Swerved I had a nearly identical experience to yours.  These customer services reps simply tell you whatever they think will get you off the line as quickly as possible.  For a period of a week I kept chatting with them and they kept PROMISING me that the device would be here "tomorrow" only to learn after I grilled/pressed them to provide a tracking number that one of a few things was up 

1 - The order got cancelled due to a technical issue

2 - It hasn't shipped YET but they assure me that it will go out tomorrow AND I'll receive it tomorrow.  When I pressed to ask where it was shipping from they couldn't tell me so I asked how in the world they could promise same day delivery when they can't tell me where it's coming from which leads me to number 3.

3 - They FINALLY told me that it would be shipping out tomorrow and I should receive it within 2 days.  So then I ask to confirm what they are shipping me and they tell me it's a Pace 5268.  Sigh...  Queue up the whole sequence again because you'll go around this same circle for days on end.

They ultimately got me the right device but as you can see above, that doesn't always happen.

AT&T's customer service is beyond being a joke.  It's downright offensive.

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Well, as I mentioned before, take your router out of DMZ+ and port forward what you need.  

https://portforward.com/pace-plc/5268ac/

It's definitely easier to just drop the router into DMZ+ and forward at the router level, but the port forwarding solution still gets you all the port forwarding needs while getting your speeds back in the mean time.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Same exact situation here. My Wi-Fi calling was going sideways - I could hear them, but they couldn’t hear me. Then yesterday I happened to check the speedtest history (that my router does for me) and noticed that speed dropped to almost nothing starting on 12 Nov (This router connected via dmzplus on the 5268AC). I am so looking forward to getting past this!

I can’t believe that I didn’t notice it for so long, and that it’s been over a month and AT&T or the 5268AC vendor hasn’t released a fixed version of the firmware!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.