Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

can confirm effectiveness of y0bailey's method. it takes a lot of time to configure DMZplus after installing the old firmware, but my bandwidth has been restored. 🙂

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

So I got my NVG599 last week and everything seemed great; around 940 up and down with 6 ms latency. But since I've noticed during prime time, 8pm to 12am, I'm getting 65 down, 940 up, and 28 ms ping! I've had a hard time trying to troubleshoot this over the phone. Trying to get a tech out to switch the modem again. What a debacle. Man Frustrated

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@ATTKevin

I've had the same issue for the past two weeks when I noticed my automated speed tests went off a cliff and were throttled to 50Mbps like everyone else.  Really unhappy now that I spent dozens of hours troubleshooting the Ubiquiti portions of my network, even after I had been on a call with ATT support and instead of bringing up a known issue they handed me off to paid support.  Politely saying 'No thank you' did not work with them, especially considering how many follow up calls they had to me.

Anywho, came across the DMZplus issue in my own testing today and should be having a new RG arriving tomorrow.  I'll try to check replies until then if you need specific information before I Office Space that thing (the Pace we do not speak of) in my head and hand it off to UPS.

Model: Pace 5268AC

Hardware Version: 260-2173300
Software Version: 11.1.0.531418-att

Here are some speed tests I put together while trying to troubleshoot where the issue was (never imagined to check DMZplus since it has just worked for the past two years...stealth firmware updates are annoying).  Also the sudden speed drop off documented early morning Nov 12.  Spent far too long troubleshooting my Ubiquiti USG Robot Mad

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm thankful that the tech support at Eero saved me hours of troubleshooting.  I'm having the same issue with DMZPlus on my Eero setup.  Only getting 50 down when using DMZPlus.  For now, I'm sticking to a double NAT now and going without my port forwarding needs until a fix is in place.  With Double NAT I'm getting 800+ on my AT&T gigafiber

Taylor (eero Customer Support)

Nov 29, 5:54 AM PST

Hello Jim,

Thank you for the screenshots!

This is exactly what I was looking to confirm. I just talked to a customer 2 days ago that had the same issue. Apparently a few people are having problems after the recent update to the PACE 5286AC on the software version 11.1.0.531418. Here is the article:

https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Fiber-Equipment/PACE-11-1-0-531418-DMZ-Issue/td-p/5700776

As of right now I am not sure that they are able to rollback the firmware for the unit. I would recommend reaching out to your ISP and seeing if they possibly could provide a different modem.

I hope this information helps. Let us know if you need anything.

Regards,
Taylor | eero Support

If you'd like immediate answers to general questions, please visit our Help Center.
Or give us a call at (877) 659-2347 We’re available 7 days a week: 7am – 5pm PT

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

@Nighthog90 Now THAT is how customer service should work.  Eero is and always has been fantastic in that regard.  They pay attention to what's going on and they react accordingly.  I was on the Reddit thread asking about my issue when someone pointed me here.  We all shared the information that we had an apparently Eero logged it with their customer support teams so that they could effectively help their customers.

Compare that to what we have here... it's laughable.  The issue is internal to AT&T.  They caused it and they know about it.  But if you call Customer Support they do not mention the issue.  In fact I'm 100% convinced that 99% of them don't even KNOW about the issue.  From there it just gets worse and worse though because after you demand a replacement RG they will promise you that you will get one the next day and this is where the REAL fun starts!  

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Lost power today and now getting the ~50 down / ~200 up. The weirdest part is I can get 350-400 down if I log in to my VPN. In the AT&T support queue 😞

Pace Plc

5268AC

HW - 260-2173300

SW - 11.1.0.531418-att

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I know this will come as a surprise, but I got my new PACE 5286AC and it had 10.7 at boot up but quickly pulled 11.1 again and you guessed it, back to square one. So I called Support and was immediately connected with "escalations" and we're going through some of the same steps/processes etc all over again but I'm hoping to at least get a different unit shipped to me this time around.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

5 years ago

And...drumroll. My 3rd replacement. A 589 and not the 599. I give up. 

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

@marrieditguy Try downgrading to 10.7.  I think it will stick if you go this route.  Do that while waiting on AT&T to ship you an NVG599.  That's what I did and it stuck for a week while I waited on them to stumble their way through the process.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

@SouthFLGuy44 That's just ridiculous.  AT&T's support is completely incompetent.  Have you downgraded to 10.7 yet?  If not, just do that until they can figure out how to get you the right hardware.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.