Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
J

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021 4:48 PM

Opening Ports on BGW210

I've got a security DVR that I'm try to access from the WAN side. I've got all the ports open... atleast I think I do under the NAT/Gaming section, but when I go to try to access it from my phone using my data I can't connect to it..... in fact, I even tried to connect to it on the LAN side and I get the same result, no connection. I can ping it using my computer. Is there something wrong with this router? I'm having the same issues with opening ports to remote into my computer. I have done a factory reset, but nothing changed. If I need to swap out this router, could please let me know how? Thanks for the help all.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

3 years ago

I'm not clear....when you try and access it with your phone, is the phone connected to your WiFi or a cell tower? 

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

Actually it happens both ways. The app I'm using has to be pointed to a certain IP and port and I know I have it set correctly because I can access using a different router not connected to the 'net. But since I can't use it because of how AT&T has their setup configured, I'm forced to go through the BGW210. Again, everything is right, it's just the router won't let me access the DVR or what's on the network (forgot to add that). I do have phone, TV and access websites.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

3 years ago

It's because port forwarding is BROKEN on the BGW210.  Look for my post.

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

So do I need to get a replacement router or what?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.