Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
iliveinapineappleunderthesea's profile

2 Messages

Sunday, April 21st, 2024 5:37 PM

openDNS with BGW-320

I am trying to set up openDNS but I am not very tech savvy and I am struggling to understand some of the answers I've already found in this forum. Is anyone out there willing to explain it in a very simplified yet detailed way? I already set up an openDNS account but once I'm logged into the router, I'm at a loss. FYI- I have no idea what LAN or WAN or DHCP or really any of this other stuff is. I just need to know where in the router webpage to enter the openDNS IP address(es) and if there are additional steps I'm missing. THANKS! 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

1 month ago

No, all you are missing is the fields in the Gateway for you to enter that information into.  The Gateway does not have them; the Gateway will only use the AT&T DNS and will give out its own IP as the DNS server in any DHCP response.  If you wish to use another DNS then you will either have to manually configure each client, or acquire another router, place it behind the Gateway (with the Gateway holding it in IP Passthrough mode), and configure it with the alternate DNS settings.

1 month ago

Thank you! That really stinks but I'm glad to know. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.