Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Tbush780213's profile

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Aug 15, 2022 4:15 PM

Non returned equipment for equipment I returned ontime

I recieved my new modem from AT&T and was told I had until July 7, 2022 to return it or I would be charged a non equipment return fee. When I recieved my new equipment I was given a box to ship my old equipment back in alone with a return shipping label and a barcode that was linked to my account. My old equipment was returned to the UPS Store on July 5, 2022, 2 days before the deadline. The UPS clerk told me once he scanned the barcode that was linked to my account then my account should be updated that my equipment was turned in leaving me to believe that I wad good. When I received my bill later that month I was still charged a non equipment returned fee on top of having to pay my bill. I should not have to pay a non equipment return fee because UPS was late returning the equipment. I turned the equipment in to UPS 2 days before my deadline. After calling AT&T billing dept I was told my account should be credited the fee that AT&T stole off my card by August 5, 2022. It is now Aug 15, 2022 and my account has not been credited nor have I received any emails or letters saying anything about the situation. My next month billing cycle is days away and I believe AT&T is still going to charge me my next month full bill amount knowing they owe me a refund for the wrongfully charged non equipment return fee that they stole off my credit card. I advise customers to turn off autopay for their bill payments because thats how they was able to go into my bank account and take money that wasn't owed to them but now dosen't want to refund me my money that is owed to me. This is very bad business.  

Accepted Solution

dave006

Scholar

• 

3.3K Messages

1分前

@Tbush780213 

You will never see a dynamic credit from AT&T on your online account. Any "Credits" are applied during your monthly bill generation process based on your Account Billing date cycle.

The only way a credit balance will show before the end of your billing cycle is of you chose to overpay, make an extra payment or apply a Gift Card reward to use 100% of the card .

Dave

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.8K Messages

1分前

Did you keep the paperwork from the UPS store? That’s the only way att will remove the charge. 

• 

4 Messages

1分前

Mj

• 

4 Messages

1分前

Unfortunately I can't find the receipt from UPS showing that I turned my equipment in. I tried going back up there to see if they could reprint me another copy but they said they couldn't. But I do have an email from at&t telling me that they have recieved all of their equipment on July 12, 2022,  which was 5 days after the due date. My problem is I was told by the UPS clerk and AT&T that once UPS scan the barcode label which had my account info that was sent to me from AT&T that my account would have been updated at that moment showing  that my equipment was actually turned in on July 5, 2022. which was 2 days before the deadline. What I believe is once the due date of July 7, 2022 came around, and my equipment wasn't at their warehouse on that day, thats when they charged me that non-return fee. All they had to do was check the barcode that they sent to me for UPS to scan and they would have seen that my equipment was turned in to them 2 days before the deadline. And on top of that I get an email from at&t stating that they recieved all my equipment on July 12  but my bill comes out around the 20th of every month. They added the non return charge to my bill knowing that they had my equipment beforehand. You send a customer an email stating that they recieved the equipment and then a week later bill that customer a non return fee for the same equipment that they acknowledge they already recieved is bad buisness. I did everything right and i'm being punished for it. The equipment was scanned by UPS 2 days before the due date, I shouldn't be charged that fee because UPS was late getting that equipment back to them. They charged me $172.52 non returned fee on top of my $238 cable & internet bill. That money AT&T stole from me was suppose to pay my water and gas bill, but because of AT&T stealing that money I couldn't pay them bills ontime so i'm stuck having to pay a late fee for them 2 bills. I'm sick of these big companies thinking they're untouchable and can do what they want. I'm in the process now of working with the BBB and my prepaid legal. Trust and believe this is not over.

(edited)

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.8K Messages

1分前

Call customer service and reference the email about equipment being received. If it had been me, I wouldn’t have paid the equipment fee, just the other charges. 

• 

4 Messages

1分前

I had my bill payment set on autopay thats how they was able to get the money, other than that I would have never payed that. But I turned autopay off so that'll never happen again. And their customer service is a joke I called them 3 times this month along with doing the online chat. I was told they was going to credit the money back onto my account 2 weeks ago but everyday when i log onto my account to check, its never there. Then when I call and ask why the money isn't on my account yet they tell me that they're working on it. I wish i knew how to get through to a manager. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.1K Messages

1分前

Internet TERMS OF SERVICE

6.7.6 Return of AT&T Equipment:

Except as otherwise provided, AT&T Equipment must be returned to AT&T undamaged, within twenty-one (21) calendar days after your Service is terminated for any reason. If equipment is not returned within twenty-one (21) calendar days, or is returned damaged, you will be charged a Non-Return Equipment Fee. We may retain any advance payment or deposit, or portion thereof that previously had not been refunded, if you fail to return the AT&T Equipment within this time period. If all AT&T Equipment is returned within six (6) months of termination, any fees charged for such AT&T Equipment will be refunded (other than fees for damages). No refunds will be made for AT&T Equipment returned more than six (6) months after termination. This Paragraph also applies if your existing equipment is replaced or upgraded for any reason.

You SHOULD be credited back the Non-Return fee.  How long that will take is another issue altogether.  Filing a complaint with the BBB should light a fire under them if they have not already taken care of it.

(edited)

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.