For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
J

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 26th, 2020 8:29 PM

No ONT.

I just received my self installation box, and read the instructions. After doing that I learned I do not have an ONT, just a fiber poking out of the wall. How do I contact AT&T to tell them. I cannot find any contact option and the tech connect just asks me to register over and over.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

4 years ago

If you do not already have an ONT, then you were not eligible for a self-install of fiber service.l Why AT&T thought that you were is a mystery. ConnecTech is a paid support service that will be of no help to you at this time. You will need a visit from an installer, and this may be problematic at this time.

• 

3 Messages

I downloaded their phone app and am trying to chat with a person. The robot refused to even let me wait on hold the first time. After that try timed out I tried again and I am now on hold. Maybe someone will show up to talk eventually.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

Since you were considered a Customer Self Install, there was an ONT there at one time. The previous owners probably took the unit with them, so you'll need a tech install of a new unit, as @JefferMC said.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

4 years ago

Yeah, @davemize and @my thoughts, I belatedly realized if there was fiber coming through the wall, there probably had been a prior installation with an ONT, and the previous occupant cluelessly removed it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.