Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, May 3, 2016 6:14 PM

New gigapower fiber router, no guest mode?

Hello,

A local business has received the Arris NVG595 Router, and they also subscribe to ATT IP Voice Service using that router.

The service subscribed is gigapower.

This router does not have three key options, guest access wifi mode, can not change DNS settings, and there are not QoS settings.

I would simply bridge the router to another router, but was informed I can not do this because ATT Voice is using the ATT gateway.

Does ATT offer another brand router that offers at the very least guest mode internet?

Thanks,

Justin

Responses

ATTU-verseCare

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @justinh6,

There is no true bridge mode because of VOIP, TV service, and authentication, but you still can achieve the router behind router effect by putting it in passthrough mode. Here is a post that goes over it.

Hope this helps.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Please advise if ATT VOIP Phone service will function properly if I setup passthrough mode and install another router.

Thanks,

Justin

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

5 years ago

Yes, it will still function with no problems.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question